Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Belize City Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
“When you land, you are greeted by one of any number of angry Belizeans in a uniform, (the uniform makes them better than you, remember that). – a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Belize City Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with few shops and dining options. As one reviewer puts it, “There’s really nothing to write home about.”
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- It is not possible to sleep in this airport overnight.
- For daytime naps, reviewers have mentioned that the airport is crowded, and seating is uncomfortable and often unavailable.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
If sleeping in Belize Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Global Village Hotel – (8 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available.. » Check Rates
- Bamboleo Inn – (10 minutes from the airport) Owners will arrange taxi pick-up which includes the driver waiting at the airport with a sign for you, $10.00 USD each way. » Check Rates
- Red Hut Inn & Car Rental – (20 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available. for $20 USD. Airport transfers also available to Belize City Municipal Airport. » Check Rates
- Best Western Belize Biltmore Plaza Hotel– (15 minutes) An airport shuttle is available for a fee (approx. $25 for two ppl). » Check Rates
- Black Orchid Resort – (20 minutes) A free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Belize City Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Belize Airport. Connect to the “PGIA Courtesy WiFi” or “FreeBTLHOTSPOT” networks. Internet kiosks are also available throughout the airport. Most of the kiosks accept credit card or internet e-card only, but two of the kiosks do accept cash. Rates are posted at each kiosk.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Location: throughout both terminals.
Banking Services – Atlantic Bank Ltd. offers full-service banking in the airport.
Currency Exchange – Atlantic Bank Limited offers foreign currency exchange and other banking services in Terminal 2.
Duty Free & Shopping – A small variety of duty-free shops are available in the Departures lounge and Arrivals Hall. In addition, there are approximately 15 shops available both Landside and Airside.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. Dining options include: La Petite Deli (Departure Lounge) ▪ Global Spice (T1, upstairs) ▪ S & D Snacks (Terminal 1) ▪ Sun Garden (T2, upstairs) ▪ Jets Bar (Departures lounge).
Information Desk – Location: Arrivals Hall – Hours: 7:00AM – 10:00PM.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking – Smoking is prohibited anywhere inside the airport.
According to the airport’s website, “Normal operating hours are from 6:00AM to 6:00PM, however flights can be accommodated outside of these hours.”
As of March 2018, Belize City airport is served by the following airlines: WestJet • Air Canada • United Airlines • Delta • Copa • American Airlines • Avianca.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The following car rental agencies offer service onsite: A Class Auto Rental • All in One • AQ Auto • Avis • Crystal Auto Rental • Discount Auto Rental • Discovery Belize Expedition • Explore Belize Auto Rental • Hertz • Jabiru Auto Rental • JMA Budget Rentals • National • Pancho’s Auto Rental • Thrifty • Tour Auto Belize • Vista Auto Rental.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.