Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Bern Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Bern Airport.
What to Expect
- The current terminal was expanded in 2011.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of October 2018, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Bern Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Airport Hotel Bern-Belp – Located at the airport, 100 meter walk to check-in. » Check Rates
- Q.C.M. Campus – Located near the airport runway. No airport shuttle provided. This is not your typical hotel, it is training centre with guest rooms. However, reviews are very good. You can still “check-in” if you arrive late (they will email you a code to unlock your door) and there is a bus stop 300m from the door with a route to the airport. » Check Rates
- Linde Belp Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers upon request. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bern Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout Airport
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Baggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available.
Disabled Services – Assistance should be requested a minimum of two days before travel.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of stores.
Food & Drink – At the time of writing, there are no 24-hour food options available. Charly’s Check-in can be found Landside, also offering a terrace when the weather allows. Gribi’s Eat & Dine is located within three minutes walk from the Terminal.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open from 7:00AM – 8:00PM for departures, 10:00PM for arrivals (Mon-Fri) • 7:00AM – sunset (Saturdays) • 8:00AM – 8:00PM for departures, 10:00PM for arrivals (Sundays).
As of October 2018, Bern airport is served by the following airlines: Lufthansa • United Airlines • British Airways.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Route No 160 runs between the airport and Bern-Belp Station, where connections are available to the S-Bahn rail network. Buses run daily, every 30 minutes, from 5:48AM – 10:48PM, and total trip time is 10 minutes. Buses will always depart on time from Belp Station, but will delay departure from the airport if a scheduled flight is delayed. You can purchase tickets from the bus driver (ticket automat inside, coins and credit cards) from ticket machines at bus stops along the route, over the counter at Bern Airport, and at all Libero ticket shops.
Seasonal bus service is available from the airport to many ski resorts and hotels in the area.
For rates, schedules and route information about the buses, visit the Bern Airport website.
The following car rentals are available at Bern Airport: Avis, Europcar and Sixt and more.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last updated: 2018-10-26
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.