Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Chengdu Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Although it’s called an international airport, it really doesn’t strike me as such – a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport.
What to Expect
- A large, bright and modern international airport with two terminals (Terminals 1 and 2), and a wide variety of shops and restaurants, with some open very late.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- The terminal is open 24 hours, but reviews are mixed on whether sleeping is permitted inside the terminal, as some reviewers report that airport security gave a very stern warning to airport sleepers. One reviewer reported seeing people laying across chairs inside the terminal, but all other reviewers cite the availability of cheap local hotels as a reason not to bother sleeping at this airport. Write a review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Chengdu Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Chengdu Airport Hotel – (3 minutes from the airport) Located opposite Terminal 1. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the airport, but you have to cross a main road. The hotel has a free airport shuttle; however, you must call the hotel for pick up. Unless you have a lot of luggage, it may be quicker to walk to the hotel. » Check Rates
- Chengdu Airport Express Hotel – (4 minutes from the airport) Located east of Terminal 2. Free airport shuttle is available for pick up (on request) if you need it. » Check Rates
- Civil Aviation Julong Airport Hotel – (2 minutes from the airport) Located 500m from Terminals 1 & 2. Free airport shuttle is available for pick up (on request) if you need it. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Chengdu Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFI is available at Chendgu Airport inside the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: landside and airside in both terminals.
Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available free of charge throughout the airport.
Business Center – Location: Terminal 2, 4F
Children’s Play Area – Location: Terminal 2, Airside, 3F, between Pier D/E and E/F
Currency Exchange – Services are available at the following locations:
- Terminal 1: Travelex – next to Door No. 1 on 2nd floor (departure hall) • ICE Currency – next to Exit No. 1 on 1st floor (entrance hall) • Ice Currency – Check in Counter W20-21.
- Terminal 2: Bank of China – next to Door No. 9 • ICE Currency – next to security Gate FG (domestic departure hall)
Drinking Water – Thirsty? Drinking water fountains are available free of charge. Locations: there are many locations in Terminals 1 and 2 (landside and airside).
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available in T2 while both Terminals offer a large variety of other shops to pass the time.
Food & Drinks – There are a variety of restaurants available both airside and landside. There are also vending machines available.
Information Desk – Yes. Location: Terminal 1, Check-in Hall, near Gate 5 • Terminal 2, Check-in Hall, near Gate 11 • Terminal 2, Airside, Corridor DE in Departures. Hours: unknown.
Luggage Packing – Yes. Location: Terminal 1, entrances of corridor B and C in Domestic check-in Hall • Terminal 2, services can be found at 5 entrances of the Check-in Hall. Hours: 2.5 hours prior to first flight departure and closes 45 minutes before the last flight. Rates: Not known.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Locations: Terminal 1, Departures Hall, between Gate 6 and 7 • Terminal 2, behind check-in counter N, P. Hours for both locations: 5:30AM – 11:00PM).
Massage Chairs – Massage chairs can be found scattered throughout both terminals. Rates: unknown.
Medical Services – Available in Terminal 1, Airside, near Gates 101 and 118 • Terminal 2, Airside, near Gates 138 and 168.
Mobile Charging – Yes
Prayer Room – Located beside Gate 104. Hours: unknown.
Smoking – A smoking room is available. Location: Terminal 1, 2F Departures, Airside, Pier B and Pier C • Terminal 2, 3F, Pier D, E and between Piers F/G.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Showers are available in the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
Video Room – Location: Terminal 2, 4F
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of November 2018, Chengdu airport is served by the following airlines: Air Asia X • Air China • Air Macau • Air Mauritius • Air Seychelles • All Nippon Airways • Asiana Airlines • Bangkok Airways • Beijing Capital • Cathay Dragon • Chengdu Airlines • China Airlines • China Eastern Airlines • China Express • China Southern Airlines • China United • Donghai Airlines • Ethiopian Airlines • Etihad Airways • EVA Air • Far Eastern Air • Garuda Indonesia • GX Airlines • Hainan Airlines • Hebei Airlines • Hong Kong Airlines • Hongtu Airlines • Juneyao Airlines • KLM • Kunming Airlines • LAO Airlines • Loong Air • Lucky Air • Maldivian •Malindo Air • NOK Air • Okay Airways • Qatar Airways • Qingdao Airlines • Ruili • Shandong Airlines • Shanghai Airlines • Shenzhen Airlines • Sichuan Airlines • SilkAir • Sky Angkor Airlines • Spring Airlines • Thai AirAsia • Thai Airways • Thai Lion Air • Tianjin Airlines • Tibet Airlines • United Airlines • Urumqi Air • Vietnam Airlines • Xiamen Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Car rentals are available. Additional details are not known.
High Speed Train
The Inter City High Speed Train have a station at the airport. Additional details are not known.
At the time of this update, we were unable to find any hotels that provide hotel shuttle service; however, there are several hotels that can arrange transfers for a fee. [ See Airport Hotels above ]
Bus routes that service areas outside of Chengdu can be accessed on inter-city buses that depart between Terminals 1 and 2.
Chengdu Airport operates a shuttle bus to transport passengers between Terminal 1 and 2. Fares: 10 yuan. Children under 1.2m, pregnant, disabled or elderly passengers over age 70 travel free of charge. Shuttle Hours: 90 minutes before the first flight departure – the last departure.
There are 4 shuttle bus routes that serve areas of Chengdu. Departure Points: Gate #3 (T1, 1st floor) & Gate #5 (T2, 1st floor).
Bus # 1: Minshan Hotel – Chengdu Airport. From Minshan Hotel: 6:00AM (first bus) – 10:00PM (last bus). From Chengdu Airport: 6:30AM (first bus) – last flight (last bus).
Bus # 2: North Railway Station – Chengdu Airport. Hours: 6:30AM – 8:00PM.
Bus # 3: East Railway Station – Chengdu Airport. Hours: 7:00AM – 7:00PM.
Bus # 4: South of the new Convention & Exhibition Center – Chengdu Airport. Hours: 6:30AM – 7:00PM.
Subway Line No. 10 connect to both Terminals. Additional details are not known.
At Terminal 1, the taxis are located outside Gate 2 near the Arrivals Hall. While at Terminal 2, you can find the taxis at Gates 4 and 5 near the Arrivals Hall.
Last updated: 2018-11-07
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.