Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Chiang Rai Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us about their time at Chiang Rai Airport.
What to Expect
- The airport handles international flights; however, at this time these flights are limited to Hong Kong, Kunming Changshui and Haikou Meilan.
- Amenities are available such as a meditation room, spa services and more. Economy class travellers can buy a pass and relax in one of the airport’s lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and access information.
- Plans are underway to extend the airport runways and expand the terminal with a 2030 completion target date.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to To Sleep
- As of October 2018, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travelers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by purchasing a lounge pass . Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Bangkok Airways Blue Ribbon Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal, Landside. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes.
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s web site.
- Thai Airways Royal Silk Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside.
If sleeping in Chiang Rai Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Inn Come Hotel – (0.3 Miles from the airport) No airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- The Mantrini Boutique Hotel – (0.3 Miles from the airport) No airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- The Infinity Suite – (0.3 Miles from the airport) No airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near the Chiang Rai Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Airport WiFi / Internet
Free WiFi is available at Chiang Rai Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Unknown but 5 machines are available.
- Currency Exchange – Available. Locations: unknown.
- Duty Free & Shopping – It is not known if Duty Free Shopping is available. The airport offers a bookshop, souvenir shops, clothing stores and news/convenience shops.
- Food & Drinks – The airport offers restaurants and cafes. At the time of this update, it is not known if any operate 24 hours.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Information not available.
- Medical Services – Available.
- Meditation Room – Available.
- Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. IIf you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- Prayer Room – Available.
- Rest Zones – Information not available.
- Showers – Information not available.
- Spa – Sauna and spa services are available. Locations and hours: unknown.
At the time of this update we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. If you know the airport hours, write a review or click here to update this airport guide and we will update this airport guide.
As of October 2018, Chiang Rai airport is served by the following airlines: Bangkok Airways • Beijing Capital Airlines • China Eastern Airlines • Hainan Airlines • HK Express • NOK Air • Ruili • Sichuan Air • Thai Air Lion • Thai Air Asia • Thai Viajet Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The airport is connected to the city via the Old Station (Route 1) and the New Station (ROute 2).
Taxis are available at the airport. At the time of this update, fare information is not available.
Last updated: 2018-11-13
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.