Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Chongqing Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I was much surprised for the facilities of Free WiFi, free computer and drink machine there. – new126621
What to Expect
Two terminals are in use at Chongqing Airport. Terminal 2, divided into Halls A and B, serves domestic flights. Terminal 3 serves both domestic and international destinations. A third terminal, Terminal 1, is currently undergoing renovations.
Amenities include a range of shops, eateries, and convenience marts. We don’t know whether any stay open 24 hours, so plan ahead if you’re staying the night. Free WiFi is available, though you’ll need a Chinese phone number to receive the network password. For added comfort while you wait, economy class passengers can pay to enter several airport lounges, some of which have shower facilities. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for location and access information.
Where to Sleep
Travellers report good sleep spots in Terminal 2A, open 24 hours, which has armrest-free benches and comfortable seats. It stays busy overnight, so bring earplugs and a sleep mask to combat the typical airport buzz. For uninterrupted sleep, nearby hotels offer shuttle service. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- First Class Lounge – Location: multiple locations in Terminal 2A and 2B. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
- Golden Century VIP Lounge 1 – Location: Domestic Terminal 2A, Airside, near Gate A4 in Corridor A. Lounge Access: unknown. [ more lounge info ]
- Golden Century VIP Lounge 3 – Location: Terminal 2A, Landside, opposite the First Class security checkpoint in Area C. Lounge Access: unknown. [ more lounge info ]
- Golden Century VIP Lounge 2– Location: Domestic Terminal 2A, Landside, behind check-in desk 2A. Lounge Access: unknown. [ more lounge info ]
- First & Business Class Lounge – Location: multiple locations in Terminal 3. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
- Golden Century VIP Lounge 7– Location: Terminal 3, International Departures, Airside, near Gate H03. Lounge Access: unknown. [ more lounge info ]
- Golden Century VIP Lounge 6 – Location: Terminal 3, Domestic Departures, near the First & Business Class Lounge. Lounge Access: unknown. [ more lounge info ]
- Golden Century VIP Lounge 5 – Location: Terminal 3, Landside, behind Check-In Area 3C. Lounge Access: unknown. [ more lounge info ]
- Golden Century VIP Lounge 4– Location: Terminal 3, Landside, next to security checkpoint #1. Lounge Access: unknown. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Chongqing Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Chongqing Jiangbei Airport Hotel – (5 minutes walk from the International terminal) Free airport pick up on request. » Check Rates
- Days Hotel and Suites – (1 minute from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available upon request. » Check Rates
- Rica Hotel – (1 minute from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Chongqing Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Chongqing Airport via a password received on cellular phones which are equipped with a Chinese phone number. Connect to the “Airport_WiFi_Free” Network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Terminal 2.
Baby Care Facilities – Change and feed your baby in privacy and comfort in the Nursery, located landside near Pier A.
Baggage Trolley – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available free of charge.
Changing Rooms – Rooms can be found in Terminal 2, Luggage Claim Hall, North and South areas.
Currency Exchange – Available in Terminal 2. At the time of this update, it is not known if this service is available in Terminal 3.
Drinking Water – Thirsty? Drinking water stations are available free of charge. Locations: throughout the airport.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available, as well as a wide variety of boutiques and retail shops.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of any 24-hour dining options. You can also purchase snacks and beverages from one of the few convenience markets in the airport.
Information Desks – Available in Terminals 2 and 3. Hours: unknown.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Short-term storage services are available. Location: Terminal 2, 3rd Floor, behind Check-in 2E and 2C. Hours and Rates: Unknown.
Massage Chairs – Available at various locations throughout the airport. Rates: Not known.
Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the airport medical clinic, located landside between Piers B and C. Hours: unknown.
Mobile Charging – A reader mentioned there are plenty of outlets (Chinese standard outlets only, no USB) in the A and B Halls at a minimum. If you know of more locations or USB spots, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
Showers – Showers can be found in a few of the lounges in Terminal 3. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
Smoking – Dedicated smoking rooms are available Airside in Terminal 2 at Gates A10, A12, B8 and C8.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, click here to update this airport guide.
As of February 2018, Chongqing airport is served by the following airlines: Chongqing Airlines • China Eastern • Hainan Airlines • Hong Kong Airlines • Air China • Xiamen Airlines • ANA • China Southern • Asiana Airlines • Sichuan Airlines • Cathay Pacific • EVA Air • Qatar Airways.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Several bus lines offer service between the airport and Chongqing city center. Bus stops are on the ground floor.
At the time of this update, we were unable to find any hotels that provide hotel shuttle service; however, there are several hotels that can arrange transfers for a fee. [ See Airport Hotels above ]
CRT Metro Line 3 offers service between the airport metro station, located in the Domestic Terminal, with the city center.
There are 2 airport shuttle buses, Line 1 and Line 2 which connect the airport to a variety of stops in the city before returning to the airport.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-11-08
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.