Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Cienfuegos Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I thought a night in a Cuban airport would be the worst night of my life. No, it wasn’t.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Jaime González Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but clean single-terminal international airport with a variety of casual gift shops and snack bars.
- Everything closes at night, so stock up on snacks and beverages for later!
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- All seating has armrests, but there is ample empty floor space. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for added comfort while you snooze.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- VIP Lounge – Location: airside. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (20 CUC).
If sleeping in Cienfuegos Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Cubanacan Boutique la Union – (8 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hostal Ivan Y Lili – (4 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Casas Zunilda Y Raya – (8 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotel deals in Cienfuegos on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
At the time of this update WiFi is not available at Cienfuegos Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Currency Exchange – Foreign exchange services are available Landside only (Arrivals and Departures).
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available at the airport as well as souvenir shops located Airside.
Food & Drinks – There is a snackbar located past security.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, write a review or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking – There is an enclosed smoking lounge available Airside.
The airport is open 24 hours. Airside is open according to the flight schedule.
As of November 2018, Cienfuegos airport is served by the following airlines: Cubana • Air France • Copa • American Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Local hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport and is often included if you have booked an all-inclusive holiday. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
The following car rental providers have offices on-site: Cubacar and REX.
Taxis are available at the airport. At the time of this November 2018 update, a taxi ride from the airport to downtown Cienfuegos costs approximately 5 CUC one-way (5 -10 minutes). Always agree to the fare first.
Last updated: 2018-11-08
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to email@example.com and we will update this guide.