Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Datong Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Datong Airport.
What to Expect
- This new single terminal opened in 2006, and connected to a few destinations across China.
- It seems the airport is currently being expanded.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one of three airport lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels within 30 minutes of the airport, though none provide airport shuttles. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Domestic First Class Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal 2, Airside. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
- International First Class Lounge – Location: International Terminal 1, Airside. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
- VIP Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal 2, Landside. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Datong Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Datong Grand Hotel– (22 minutes from the airport) formerly Holiday Inn Datong City Center. No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Garden Hotel – (24 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Yungang International Hotel – (26 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Jinjiang Inn Datong Zhenhua Street – (30 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Datong Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
At the time of this update, we were only able to confirm that WiFi is available at Datong Airport inside the airport lounges. If you have information that WiFi is available elsewhere in the terminal, please email us at [email protected]
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATM’s / Cash Machines – 3 banks provide ATM’s within the airport. Locations are not known but most seems to be on the 2nd Floor of Terminal 2.
Drinking Water – Thirsty? Drinking water stations are available free of charge. The stations provide water in 3 different temperatures and paper cups are supplied.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available at the airport as well as a small selection of shops selling clothing, perfumes, etc.
Family Services – A mother and child room can be found between Terminal No. 13 and No. 14 at Terminal 2, Airside.
Food & Drink – At the time of this update, we did not have any information regarding the availability of any 24 hour restaurants. Here are a few of the choices available: KFC • Mr. Li Noodles • Subway • Xinyu Cafe • Yumeng Coffee.
Luggage Carts – Available on the 1st and 2nd Floor of Terminal 2.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Luggage storage is available. Rates are CNY5 per piece of luggage within 24 hours and CNY10 per luggage for more than 24 hours. Location: unknown.
Luggage Wrapping – Available at CNY 10 per piece of luggage. Location is not known.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking – Smoking is permitted in designated areas. Airside you will find a smoking area on the 2nd Floor, Terminal 2, across from Gate 22.
Information not available. If you know the hours, please email us at [email protected] and we will update the guide.
As of February 2018, Datong airport is served by the following airlines: Air China • China Eastern • China Southern • Tianjin Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
At the time of this update, we were unable to find any hotels that provide hotel shuttle service. [ See Airport Hotels above ]
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.