Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Dili Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
though it isn’t the best airport on the planet, one must remember this is a very very poor county that lost nearly everything in 1999 after their vote for independence. – unknown
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Presidente Nicolau Lobato International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small open-air international airport served mainly by flights to and from Denpasar. Facilities are basic, and the limited shopping and dining options are only open during to match flight schedules.
- Baggage checks are conducted manually at security checkpoints.
Where to Sleep
- As of November 2018, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. The airport is open-air and is not designed for overnight stays. Write a review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- The internal parts of the airport are closed when flights are not departing or arriving, so travelers have to wait outside until boarding time for their flights. For this reason, reviewers recommend not to show up too early for your flight, or you will have a long and uncomfortable wait outside.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
If sleeping in Dili Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Timor Lodge Hotel – (Less than 2 miles from the airport) Free airport pick-up/dropp-off is available upon request, driver will meet you there. » Check Rates
- Timor Plaza Hotel & Apartments – (Less than 2 miles from the airport) Free airport transfer shuttle service is available upon request. » Check Rates
- Arbiru Beach Resort – (Less than 3 miles from the airport) Airport transfers are available.. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Dili Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Information not available
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Duty Free & Shopping – A tiny duty-free shop, located airside, is the only shop in the airport.
Food & Drink – At the time of this update, there are no food concessions inside of the airport terminal, but there is a Burger King with clean facilities located opposite the front of the airport.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
November 2015 – A reader tells us “The internal areas are only open when an aircraft is arriving / departing, which is 2-3 times a day. Travellers can wait outside the terminal at anytime; however, it is semi open to the elements.”
As of November 2018, Dili airport is served by the following airlines: Airnorth • Citilink • NAM Air • SilkAir • Sriwijaya Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Travel like the locals do! Called “mikrolets”, these shared-ride vans are an economical way to travel to and from the airport. Mikrolets stop along the main road just outside of the airport.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. Fares must be negotiated before starting your journey, as taxis are not metered.
Last updated: 2018-11-20
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected]