Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Easter Island Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
this airport was built by nasa and has a massive runway. – ben
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Easter Island Mataveri Airport.
What to Expect
- Mataveri airport receives only one or two flights per day. It is old, extremely small and offers no frills.
- You should eat before coming to the airport, although there are a few small concessions available.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The airport closes at night, so it would not be possible to stay here overnight.
- Seating is limited and not suitable to sleeping. You would be better off sleeping outside the terminal.
- There are hotels located within walking distance of the airport. Some of the higher priced hotels provide transportation between the airport and hotel. Their agents can be found in the arrivals hall when flights land. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
A small VIP lounge is available. Access details are unknown.
Sleeping inside the airport overnight is not possible. The small town is right outside the airport entrance so all of the hotels in Hanga Roa could be considered near the airport. Here are a few hotel options based on proximity to the airport and Tripadvisor reviews:
- Tupa Hotel – (3 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers are available upon prior request. » Check Rates
- Iorana Hotel – (3 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available upon request ($). » Check Rates
- Hotel Manutara – (3 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers upon request. » Check Rates
- Taha Tai – (3 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers upon request. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Easter Island Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Mataveri Airport. Connect to the ”Entel” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Not available.
Currency Exchange – Not available.
Food & Drinks – There are very small cafes located before and after security.
Information Desk – Not available.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, write a review or email us at email@example.com.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open from 10:00 AM until the last flight. Sleeping in the airport overnight is not possible.
As of March 2018, Mataveri airport is served by the following airlines: LATAM.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The following car rental companies have desks at the airport: Hertz • Autoeurope • Record Rent a Car • Sixt.
Flat-rate taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this guide.