Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Guiyang Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Guiyang Airport.
What to Expect
- The airport offers two connected terminals, one for domestic and one for international flights. A 3rd terminal is under construction.
- The airport is modern and connects to many destinations. It is also well connected to the train system.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels within a 10-minute walk of the airport, though they do not provide airport shuttles. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Guiyang Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Guiyang Airport Hotel – (3 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle, but the hotel can be reached on foot in 10 minutes if traveling light. » Check Rates
- 7Days Inn Guiyang International Airport – (3 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle, but the hotel can be reached on foot in 10 minutes if you’re traveling light. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Guiyang Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Guiyang Airport inside the VIP Lounge. See Airport Lounges above.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Food & Drinks – At the time of this update, we did not have any information regarding the availability of any 24 hour restaurants. Options here include: CreaTea, KFC, Dio Coffee, Shamrock Restaurant.
Information Desk – Available. Location: Terminal 2, 2nd Floor. Hours: unknown.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Available. Location: Landside, Terminal 2, 2nd Floor.
Luggage Wrapping – Available. Location: Landside, Terminal 2, 2nd Floor.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of February 2018, Guiyang airport is served by the following airlines: China Eastern • Hainan Airlines • Korean Air • Air China • Xiamen Airlines • Capital Airlines • China Southern • Hong Kong Airlines • Sichuan Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The airport is well connected with designated “airport buses” offer express service between the airport, city center and train stations at an affordable price. A ride between the airport and city center takes about 15 – 20 minutes. The Long-distance Bus Station (for travels to Zuyi, Ashun and more) of Guiyang Airport is located in T2 on B1 Floor, Domestic Arrivals Hall. You can buy the tickets at the service counter near Gate No. 11 of the Arrival Hall.
Fixed-rate taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Longdongbao Railway Station is an underground high-speed station within walking distance of the airport. After arriving, walk to Gate No. 11 of the Domestic Arrivals Hall in T2, take the escalator on the right downstairs, and then turn left in 45 meters to find the railway station. Going to the North Railway Station by train takes around 20 minute and at the time of this December 2017 update, costs CNY10.5 for a first-class seat and CNY8.5 for a second-class seat.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.