Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Hamilton Island Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
At around 6am we were woken by the chorus of singing Pacific Islanders as they waited to board another early flight. – missmandi
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Hamilton Island Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny, but busy single-terminal airport with an airport bar and shop.
- Lines for check-in can be long and slow during peak season, so get to the airport early!
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
VIP Lounge – Location: Airside.
If sleeping in Hamilton Island Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel near the airport:
- Palm Bungalows – (15 minute walk or 4 min ride to the airport) Free roundtrip transfers to the airport and marina. » Check Rates
- Reef View Hotel – (15 minute walk or 4 min ride to the airport) Free roundtrip transfers to the airport and marina. » Check Rates
- Whitsundays Apartments – (10 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip transfers to the airport and marina. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Hamilton Island Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Baby Care Facilities – There is family washroom available landside.
Food & Drinks – There is a cafe located airside.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Shopping – Duty Free is not available. There is one shop available (Location: unknown).
Showers – Not available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of February 2018, Hamilton Island airport is served by the following airlines: Virgin Australia • Emirates • Qantas.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service to their guests either for a fee or as a courtesy. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Beach Club • Palm Bungalows • Qualia Resort • Reef View Hotel • Whitsunday Apartments Hamilton Island.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.