Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Hanimaadhoo Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Hanimaadhoo Airport.
What to Expect
- The small terminal connects to destinations in the Maldives and India.
- WiFi is available, though more details aren’t available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounges; showers are available. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide airport shuttles. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Hanimaadhoo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- The Barefoot Eco Hotel – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are including when your island flight is also booked with the hotel otherwise $13.00 USD each way. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Hanimaadhoo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Hanimaadhoo Airport inside the Kashimaa Lounge.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Showers are available inside the Kashimaa Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of February 2018, Hanimaadhoo airport is served by the following airlines: Emirates • Turkish Airlines • Qatar Airways.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
All area hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.