Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Hefei Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Hefei Airport.
What to Expect
- The brand new single terminal opened in 2013; it may be under construction for expansion in the next few years.
- The airport connects to domestic and regional international destinations.
- WiFi is available.. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of December 2018, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels within 40 minutes of the airport, though none provide airport shuttles. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Golden Century VIP Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor, between Gates 5 and 6. [ more lounge info ]
- Golden Century Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, opposite Gate A14. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
[ update ]
If sleeping in Hefei Xinqiao Airport does not appeal to you, these are some of the closest hotels to the airport:
- Best Western Premier Hotel Hefei – (37 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Crowne Plaza Hefei – (37 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available is available upon request, 25RMB ech way. » Check Rates
- Home Inn Hefei High-Tech Development District – (37 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Holiday Inn Express Hefei North – (40 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Hefei Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
[ update ]
WiFi is available at Hefei Airport. Connect to the “HFXQ-AirPort” network.
[ update ]
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: International Departures (near Door 8) and International Arrivals (opposite Door 7).
Baby Care Facilities – Nursing rooms are available. Location: Airside, in front of Gate 13 and 14.
Banks – Xinqiao Branch of Bank of China can be found at the Gate 8, 2nd Floor.
Currency Exchange – Bank of China offers currency exchange and full-service banking. Location: International Departures, near Door 8.
Drinking Water – Thirsty? Drinking water stations providing cold and hot water are available free of charge.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of any 24-hour dining options.
Information Desk – Need help find your way? An information desk can be found in the center part of the first floor.
Luggage Carts – Available to use, free of charge.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Available at the Information Desk.
Medical Services – Available in front of Gate 13 and 14.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
Showers – Not available.
[ update ]
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, click here to update this airport guide and we will update this airport guide.
[ update ]
As of December 2018, Hefei airport is served by the following airlines: 9 Air • Air Chang’an • Air China • Air Macau • Beijing Capital Airlines • Chengdu Airlines • China Eastern • China Southern • Colorful Guizhou Airlines • Far Eastern Air • GX Airlines • Hainan Airlines • JC International • Joy Air • Korean Air • LJ Air • Lucky Air • Okay Airlines • Qingdao Airlines • Ruili Airlines • Shandong Airlines • Shenzhen Airlines • Sichuan Airlines • Spring Airlines • Thai Lion Air • Tianjin Airlines • Ural Airlines • Urumqi Airlines • West Air • Xiamen Airlines.
[ update ]
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Designated “airport buses” offer express service between the airport and city center at an affordable price. Buses usually won’t depart until full, so this is a good option if you’re not in a hurry. There are four airport express bus lines:
Line 1: Hefei Bus Station (Mingguang Rd)
Line 2: Hefei Car Passenger terminal (Zhanqian Rd)
Line 3: South Gate Transfer Center (Susong Rd)
Line 4: City Air Terminal (Shouchun Rd)
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
[ update ]
Last updated: 2018-12-06
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.