Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Iquique Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Iquique Airport.
What to Expect
- The single terminal connects to a few regional destinations.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of December 2018, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels within 35 minutes of the airport, though only one provides airport shuttle service, for a fee. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Iquique Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Terrado Arturo Prat Hotel – (35 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available ($). » Check Rates
- Hotel Diego de Almagro Iquique – (26 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Backpacker’s Hostel Iquique – (30 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hostel will arrange your return transporation to the airport – approx. $5000 pesos per person. » Check Rates
- Hotel Esmeralda – (35 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Iquique Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Iquique Airport inside the Salones VIP Pacific Club.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Food & Drinks – At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of any 24-hour dining options. The airport offers the following options:
- Landside: Última Llamada (2nd Floor) • La Isla (near check-in counters)
- Airside: Última Llamada (by Gates 1 and 2)
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Shopping – A perfume shop, minimarket, and newsstand are available on the 2nd floor of the terminal.
Showers – Not available.
While it appears that this airport closes at night, as of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. If you know the airport hours, click here to update this airport guide.
As of December 2018, Iquique airport is served by the following airlines: Amaszonas • JetSmart • LATAM • Paranair • Sky Airline.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The following car rental agencies offer service on the 1st floor in the Domestic and International Arrivals halls: Avis • Econorent • Europcar • Hertz • Oriental • West.
Shared-ride buses and minibuses offer service to and from the airport. Services can be found in both the Domestic and International Arrival areas.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport, near the Domestic and International Arrivals halls.
Last updated: 2018-12-07
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected]