Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Iquitos Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
If you are going to Iquitos I STRONGLY suggest you have somewhere other than the airport to stay! – Gae
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Coronel FAP Francisco Secada Vignetta International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, single-terminal international airport set in the Amazon. Shopping and dining options are basic, but 24-hour dining is available.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although the seating in Arrivals Hall is more comfortable, passengers desiring to stay overnight will be restricted to certain areas of the airport. Try the upstairs area near the restaurant for peace, quiet and ample floor space. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for added comfort while sleeping on the floor.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Iquitos Airport does not appeal to you, there hotels near the airport, some with shuttles. Here are some suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Victoria Regia Hotel – (13 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Epoca Boutique Hotel – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport pick-up is included in the rate. » Check Rates
- Palau Amazonas Hotel – (24 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel can arrange taxi transportation. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Iquitos Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Iquitos Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Machines are operated by BBVA, BCP, Global Net and Scotiabank. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Location: Landside, Main Hall.
Food & Drinks – Altomayo (24 hours) • Café d´Mundo
Information Desk – Location: Arrivals Hall – Hours: open 24 hours.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours. Airside is open according to the flight schedule.
As of December 2018, Iquitos airport is served by the following airlines: Cielos del Perú • Condor • LAN Perú • Star UP.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The following car rental companies can be found at the airport: Hertz • Avis • Localiza.
Some local hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
Taxis and moto-taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2019-04-14
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.