Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Jakarta Halim Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Jakarta Halim Perdanakusuma Airport.
What to Expect
- Originally a dedicated military airport, in 2014 it started taking scheduled commercial flights to ease traffic from Jakarta’s main airport, Soekarno-Hatto.
- A second terminal is used only for pilgrims traveling during Hajj season.
- WiFi is available in the paid-use lounge. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of December 2018, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport; some provide airport shuttles for a fee. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Jakarta Halim Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Best Western Premier The Hive – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are not available. » Check Rates
- Ibis Jakarta Cawang – (7 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is not available. » Check Rates
- Park Hotel Jakarta – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available upon request ($). » Check Rates
- favehotel PGC Cililitan – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hotel Dafam Teraskita Jakarta – (12 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Halim Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Jakarta Halim Airport inside the Sapphire PremiAir Executive Lounge.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: unknown.
Baby Care Facilities – Nursing rooms are available. Location: Airside, Gate 6.
Currency Exchange – Aditya Wijaya Artha provides foreign exchange services in the Departure Area while Doa Dasa Valasindo can be found in the Arrivals Area.
Duty Free & Shopping – Information on Duty Free is not available. There are a variety of shops to choose from including a Circle K and Indomart convenience stores.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of any 24-hour dining options. Some of the dining options include: A&W • Dunkin’ Donuts • Rotiboy • Starbucks.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Prayer Room – Mosques can be found in 2 locations. Exact locations are unknown.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking – Permitted in designated smoking rooms provided in the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of December 2018, Jakarta Halim airport is served by the following airlines: Batik Air • Citilink • Susi Air • Wings Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Many hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport for free or for a fee. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
Inkopau Rent Car can be found in the Arrivals Hall.
For an easier transition into a taxi, and to guarantee your fare, hire a prepaid taxi from the Prepaid Taxi booths just past Customs. Otherwise, taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. For a fair rate, insist on using the meter, or opt for a ride with one of the reputable “premium” taxi companies that serve the airport.
Last updated: 2018-12-10
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.