Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Kengtung Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Do not even attempt to sleep overnight, try to keep few bucks for a room..if any of the locals ask you to stay with them, do not create danger for them. – chocuk
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Kengtung Airport.
What to Expect
- Not much information is available about this airport. However, we hear reports that Kengtung Airport is very small and rustic single-terminal airport, with a heavy military presence and almost no amenities.
- Bring a few snacks and beverages and a book or magazines for something to do while you wait for your flight.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted in this airport. Do not accept invites from locals to spend the night, as this may invite unwelcome police intervention.
- For safety and uninterrupted sleep, an overnight stay in a hotel is your best bet! See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If sleeping in Kengtung Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Golden Star Hotel – (6 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Private Hotel Kyaing Tong – (7 minutes from the airport) Airport transfer is available upon request, 10,000/Ks each way (3 passengers). » Check Rates
- New Kyaing Tong Hotel – Amazing Kyaing Tong Resort – (9 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available. Must be pre-booked (email) and pre-paid, 40000 Ks each way per car (max 4 people). » Check Rates
- Princess Hotel Kyaing Tong– (9 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kengtung Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of February 2018, Kengtung airport is served by the following airlines: Emirates • Thai Airways • Singapore Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Taxis and “tuk-tuks” are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected]