Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Kochi Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
You wouldn’t expect something like this in India – I was very pleasantly surprised. – lucianka
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Kochi Airport.
What to Expect
The rapidly growing Kochi Airport uses two commercial terminals. T1 was completely renovated in 2018 and handles all domestic traffic. The brand new T3 handles international flights. Facilities vary based on your terminal but you’ll find duty-free and retail shops, a few cafes and eateries, and free WiFi for 30 minutes. For added comfort while you wait, economy class passengers can pay to enter two airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for location and access information.
Where to Sleep
A traveller (Feb 2019) indicated that all seating is now provided in the form of comfortable, padded armchairs. No metal benches, plastic chairs, etc. have been spotted recently. Although you can’t stretch out on the armchairs, they are at least comfortable for waiting. For uninterrupted sleep, five guest rooms are available to rent in the domestic terminal and several nearby hotels offer free shuttle service. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Earth Lounge (International) – Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Kochi Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Guest Rooms – There are 5 day rooms inside the Domestic Terminal. Rates: Rs. 4720/- (including tax) for a Suite and Rs. 2688/- (including tax) for Deluxe room. For bookings contact: 8589 999 300.
- Eastend Airport Suites – The entrance is located between Domestic Arrivals and International Departures, next to the Anna 24×7 Cafe. There are 14 furnished guest rooms located within the airport. Discounted rates are available for a few hours use. » Check Rates
- Hotel Royal Wings – The entrance is located near the International Terminal. Free airport service is available.» Check Rates
- Courtyard Kochi Airport – Located across from the airport, it’s a 10 minute walk or you can take the hotel’s free airport shuttle, upon request. » Check Rates
- Flora Airport Hotel – Located across from the International Terminal, it’s a 10 minute walk or you can take the hotel’s free airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Lotus 8 Hotel – Located across from the airport, it’s a 10 minute walk or you can take the hotel’s free airport shuttle (must be pre-booked). Day rooms are available for minimum of 5 hours. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kochi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Cochin Airport for 30 minutes.
- Business Centre – Computers with internet access, internet calling, photocopies, faxes and more. Location: Canopy Hours: unknown.
- Post Office – Yes
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – A child care room is available. Location: Unknown.
Food & Drinks
- Drinking Water – Thirsty? There are drinking water facilities available for arriving passengers.
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of any 24-hour dining options.
- Baggage Trolley – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available free of charge.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Temporarily unavailable due to renovation work.
- Luggage Wrapping – Available for a fee.
- Medical Services – A 24 hour manned medical center is located in the Departure Hall of the International Terminal.
- Pharmacy – Location: Canopy
- Mobile Charging – A reader mentioned that many charging points (free to use) are available throughout the airport, especially Airside, near the departure gates. If you know of other locations, click here to update this airport guide.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: unknown.
- Currency Exchange – Available in both domestic and international terminals and airside/landside.
- Prayer Room – Available in the Departure Hall of the International Terminal. Hours: unknown.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – Not available.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available in the Canopy. A wide variety of retail shops selling books, traditional souvenirs from Kerala and other items, are available in the Domestic and International Departures areas.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Showers are available in the Earth Lounge (International Departures). [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of May 2019, Kochi airport is served by the following airlines: Air Arabia • Air Asia • Air India • Air Jazeera • Emirates • Etihad Airways • FlyDubai • Go Air • Gulf Air • Indian Airlines • IndiGo • Kuwait Airways • Malindo Air • Oman Airways • Qatar Airways • Saudi Arabian Airlines • SilkAir • Singapore Airlines • Spicejet • SriLankan Airlines • Tigerair • Vistara.
KSRTC offers three classes of bus service (Volvo, ordinary and super fast) between the airport and city center. Departures are available every 10 – 40 minutes, depending on the class of service. For a list of departure times, visit the Kochi Airport website.
Prepaid taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. Stop at the taxi booth in the Arrivals hall to pay for your ride. You will receive a ticket to give to your taxi driver before boarding the taxi.
Last updated: 2019-05-24
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.