Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Libreville Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Libreville Airport.
What to Expect
The small, outdated terminal at Libreville Airport offers regional and European flights. Facilities include a few eateries and shops. An airside snack bar is open 24 hours. WiFi is available. For added comfort while you wait, there are a few lounges that economy class passengers can pay to enter. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for location and access information.
Where to Sleep
We have no reviews from travellers who have slept at this airport. If you’ve visited recently, please write a review to help future travellers! For uninterrupted sleep, nearby hotels offer free shuttle service. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program.
- Samba Lounge – Location: first floor after screening posts. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (13,000 Cfa Francs with tax) • Lounge membership programs.
- Ekena VIP Lounge – Ekena VIP Lounge – Location: Level 1, behind the check-in desks. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: With a plane access card and the VIP Office Access card (given by your airline), or by purchasing the annual Salon VIP Argent card, sold by ADL. Door rate is 50,000 Cfa Francs with tax.
- Koussou Lounge – Location: boarding room for domestic flights. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Access Coupon given by airline or Access card, sold by ADL. Door rate is 10,000 Cfa Francs with tax.
If sleeping in Libreville Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- La Residence Maisha – Located across the street from the airport. Airport shuttle with hostess is available. » Check Rates
- Hotel L’Orchidee – Located across the street from the airport. No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hotel Onomo Libreville – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle operated from 8:00AM to 11:00PM (must pre-arrange). » Check Rates
- Park Inn by Radisson – (5 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hour airport shuttle operates every 30 minutes. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Libreville Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Libreville Airport for a fee. You can purchase the service at the information desk and at the newspaper stand. Rates are not known.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs that dispense Cfa Francs and Euros are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: in both the International and Domestic Areas.
Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available free of charge in both the Domestic and International areas. Alternatively, you can use the services of a porter for 1000 Cfa Francs.
Currency Exchange – BICIG Airport Foreign Exchange Office provides currency exchange as well as additional banking services. Location: Air Terminal, International departures. Hours: 7:45AM – 2:30PM (Monday – Friday only).
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available (8:00AM – 11:00PM), along with a few retail shops.
Food & Drinks – Restaurants are available both Landside and Airside.
» Landside: Pierre Andre Cafe (Hours: 7:00AM – 7:00PM) • Cafe Lindo (Hours: 6:00AM – 11:00PM) • The Calao Restaurant (Hours: 6:30AM – 10:30PM except Saturdays when it opens at 9:00AM and Sundays at 8:00AM).
» Airside: The Bicycle Coffee Stand (Hours: 7:00AM – 12:00PM and 4:00PM – 7:00PM) • The Toucan Bar (Hours: 24 hours).
Information Desk – An Information Desk can be found in the center of the Air Terminal. The desk is open 24 hours a day. Entrance passes to reserved rooms can be purchased at the desk.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Luggage Wrapping – Protect your bags from theft and damage by having your bags wrapped in plastic. Rates: 3000 Cfa per piece. Hour and locations are not known.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of December 2018, Libreville airport is served by the following airlines: Air Côte d’Ivoire • Air France • Afrijet • Asky • Camair Co. • Ceiba Intercontinental • Ethiopian Airlines • Nationale Regionale Transport • Royal Air Maroc • Rwandair • Transair Congo • Turkish Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Public buses are available, delivering you to and from the city centre and the northern part of the city. At the time of this December 2018 update, further details are not known. Inquire at the airport.
Car hires are available on site and include: Avis • EGCA/Satram • Europcar/Free Travel • Gesparc • Global.
There are two types of taxis available to get you to and from the airport.
- White taxis – generally offer more comfort (air-conditioned) and security, payment is based on metered fare.
- Regular taxis – will be either red and white, or purple and white. There is no meter, therefore you have to negotiate the fare before getting into the car.
Last updated: 2019-05-08
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.