Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Mashhad Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Mashad Airport.
What to Expect
- There are three terminals in Mashhad Airport; Terminal Number 1 for domestic (departure/arrival) flights, Terminal Number 2 for departure of international flights and Terminal Number 3 for arrival of international flights.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of January 2019, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door:
- CIP Terminal – A reader tells us “There is a not so great CIP Terminal, mostly for departure of both domestic and international flights. The price is (648,400IRR ~ 17$) for an Adult on a domestic flight and (1,600,000IRR ~ 42$) for an Adult on an international flight.”
If sleeping in Mashhad Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Tehran Hotel Mashad – (19 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Javad Hotel – (26 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Almas Hotel – (21 minutes from the airport). » Check Rates
- Ferdous Hotel – (19 minutes from the airport). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Mashhad Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Mashad Airport inside the CIP Terminal. You can also purchase a prepaid Data SIM card to connect to a mobile network in Iran.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Banking Services – Banking services are available in the terminal.
Duty Free & Shopping – Spices, gifts, souvenirs, and local crafts are available for purchase from a variety of booths in the airport terminal.
Food & Drinks – A restaurant is available onsite. Free coffee is available in the transit area of the airport.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Yes
Medical Services – Yes
Mobile Charging – Available, but limited.
Prayer Room – Yes, in all terminals.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking – A dedicated smoking room can be found in Terminal 1, Transit Hall.
Spa & Salon Services – A hairdresser is available.
While it appears that this airport closes at night, as of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. If you know the airport hours, click here to update this airport guide.
As of January 2019, Mashhad airport is served by the following airlines: Air Arabia • ATA Airlines • Caspian Airlines • Flydubai • Iran Air • Iran Aseman Airlines • Iran Air Tours • Iraqi Airways • Jazeera Airways • Kam Air • Kish Air • Kuwait Airways • Mahan Air • Meraj Airlines • Oman Air • Qatar Airways • Qeshm Airlines • Saha Airlines • Sepehran Airlines • Taban Air • Turkish Airlines • Wings of Lebanon • Zagros Airlines. Note: other airlines may serve the airport on a charter or seasonal basis only.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Bus service connects the airport and the city center.
Rapid transit connects the airport and the city center.
Taxis are available.
Car rental services are available in Terminal 1.
Last updated: 2019-01-09
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.