Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Nanjing Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Nanjing Airport.
What to Expect
- There are several restaurants and tea houses, though hours aren’t clear.
- This busy airport has two terminals, though T1 may currently be closed for renovation, with T2 handling all passenger flights.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one of three airport lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Travellers report benches with armrests, making for an uncomfortable sleep.
- For uninterrupted sleep, the airport now offers a capsule hotel. There is also a hotel located within a few minutes’ walk of the airport; no airport shuttle is provided. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Domestic VIP Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal 2, Airside, near Gate 12. The Lounge is also accessible from landside at the B17-B19 Check-In Counter. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Nanjing Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Airport Sleep Bar – A reader (October 2018) tells us there is a new capsule hotel. Here’s what they say: “In terminal 2 (currently the only operating terminal) there is a brand new capsule hotel. It’s 260 RMB or 32 USD for a night. They will let two people share a capsule. It’s hard to find so ask information for the “airport sleep bar”. It’s on level two on the furthest pathway to the parking lot”.
- Pullman Hotel Nanjing Lukou International Airport – (2 minute walk from the airport) The hotel is just a 30 second walk from the Departures Hall, and linked to both terminals. Five-minute walk to the airport transportation hub. No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Nanjing Airport Hotel – (4 minute drive from the airport) Airport transportation is available. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Nanjing Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Nanjing Airport. Connect to the “Airport-FreeWiFi-Nanjing” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Departures Hall.
Baby Care Facilities – Baby change facilities are available on every floor of the airport.
Banks – Bank of China and China Construction Bank provides services in the Departures Hall.
Currency Exchange – Travelex provides currency exchange services. Location: exact location of the 2 counters is not available.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available along with a variety of other shops both airside and landside.
Fitness Center – The Pullman Hotel offers a full service fitness center including a swimming pool. Location: 7th and 9th floor of the Pullman Hotel. Hours: Fitness Center: 24 hours • Swimming pool: 6:00AM – 11:00PM. Rate: 120 Yen.
Food & Drinks – There are a variety of options both airside and landside including restaurants and tea houses. At the time of this update it was not known if there were any 24 hour food and beverage concessions available.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Medical Services – 2 medical clinics are available, both landside, in the Domestic and International areas.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Showers are available at the Pullman Hotel Fitness Center. See Fitness section above.
Smoking – Designated smoking rooms are available on every floor of the airport.
Spa – Enjoy some pampering at one of two spa options:
- Zhong Tu Meng Tuan Foot Bath Center provides foot bath service. Location: 4th floor, Departure Hall • 1st floor, Arrivals Hall.
- Pullman Spa in the Pullman Hotel offers a full range of spa services. Location: 5th floor, in the Pullman Hotel. Hours: 10:00AM – 2:00AM.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, click here to update this airport guide.
As of January 2019, Nanjing airport is served by the following airlines: Air China • Air Macau • Asiana Airlines • Beijing Capital Airlines • China Airlines • China Eastern Airlines • China Southern Airlines • China United Airlines • Chengdu Airlines • Chongqing Airlines • EVA Airways • Dragonair • Hainan Airlines • Hebei Airlines • Hong Kong Airlines • Korean Air • Kunming Airlines • Lucky Airlines • Neos Air • Shandong Airlines • Shanghai Airlines • Shenzhen Airlines • Sichuan Airlines • Spring Airlines • Tianjin Airlines • Tibet Airlines • Western Airlines • Xiamen Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Several buses connect the airport and surrounding areas. More information is available on the airport’s website.
The airport’s train station connects to Nanjing city center. Stop by an information desk for details on timetables and fare.
Last updated: 2019-01-16
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.