Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Okayama Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Okayama Airport.
What to Expect
- This small, single terminal airport opened in 1988, and connects to domestic, Chinese, and Korean destinations.
- Free WiFi is available in certain locations. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- The airport is open from 7 am – 9:30 pm; sleeping overnight here is not possible.
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels within 35 minutes of the airport, though none provide an airport shuttle. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door:
- Muscat Lounge – Location: on the 3rd floor of the passenger terminal. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (1000 YEN)
- Mimasaka Fee-Based Waiting Room – Location: 2nd floor, airside.
- Seto Fee-Based Waiting Room – Location: 2nd floor, airside.
If sleeping in Okayama Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back into Okayama city center, as there are no hotels in or near the airport.
- Torii Kuguru – (35 minutes from the airport) A budget Japanese guest house with traditional accommodations. No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hotel Area One Okayama – (35 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Okayama Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available in Okayama Airport wherever you see the “Okayama Mobile Spot” signs. To get set up, show your passport or other photo ID at the Information Desk or Muscat Lounge. The WEP key is “okayama012345”. Okayama Mobile Spots can be found in the Boarding Area (both Domestic and International), Departure Lobby (both Domestic and International), and the Muscat Lounge (entry fee applies).
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Location: First floor. Hours: varies.
Baby Care Facilities – Diaper changing facilities and parenting rooms are located on the first and second floors. A playground for kids is available on the second floor, airside.
Currency Exchange – Travelex provides foreign currency exchange services. Location: 1st Floor. Hours: open daily from 7:00AM – 9:00PM.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty free shops an be found adjacent to the International flight boarding/waiting area, 2nd floor. Other shops include: Seikatsu Saika convenience store • Okayama Tokusankan Momotaro souvenir shop • Ana Festa souvenir shop • Tenmaya souvenir shop • LAOX electronics.
Food & Drinks – There are no 24 hour options at the airport but you can choose from the following restaurants – Chalon Steak House • St. Marc Cafe (coffee) • Yamagoya (ramen shop) • Momotaro (Udon noodle house). Location: 2nd floor.
Information Desk – Location: 1st floor. Hours: 8:10AM – 10:00PM.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Location: Landside, on the first floor.
Medical Services – Automated external defibrillators (AED) are located in the domestic and international check-in areas.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking Room – Location: first and second floors.
The airport is open from 7:00AM – 9:30PM. Sleeping overnight in the airport is not possible.
As of February 2018, Okayama airport is served by the following airlines: ANA • Air Canada • Korean Air • Japan Airlines • China Eastern • Hong Kong Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Bus and Shuttle Services
A free shuttle service is available from the terminal building to the parking lot no.4. Buses are available to and from the Okayama and Kurashiki Stations.
The following car rental companies can be found at the airport: Toyota Rent-A-Lease • Nissan Rent-A-Car • Times Car Rental • Nippon Rent-A-Car • Orix Rent-A-Car. Location: 1st floor.
Regular taxi services are available as well as shared-ride and fixed price taxis.
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.