Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Palembang Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Palembang Airport.
What to Expect
- The current airport terminal opened in 2005, with connections to Indonesia and regional international destinations.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels within 15 minutes of the airport; some provide an airport shuttle for a fee. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- JW Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door. [ more lounge info ]
- Syailendra Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal, Domestic Lounge Area, Airside. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door. [ more lounge info ]
- Sultan Lounge – Location: International Departure Area, Airside, 2nd Floor. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Palembang Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels on the outskirts of the city center (about 15 minutes from the airport). Here are a few of those hotels:
- Novotel Palembang Hotel & Residence – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available for a fee. » Check Rates
- Favehotel Palembang – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available, call hotel at +62 711 5730000 to book, Rp 110.000 each way. » Check Rates
- Aston Palembang Hotel & Conference Center – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available for a fee. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Palembang Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Location: Landside.
Child Care Room – Yes.
Currency Exchange – Bank Mandiri and Bank Sumsel Babel both do currency exchange. Both are located on the first floor.
Duty Free & Shopping – There are a number of duty-free and non-duty free shops located on both floors of the airport.
Food & Drink – There are a number of restaurants located throughout the airport. At the time of writing, no 24-hour options are available.
Family Services – The airport has a nursery room, but specific information regarding its location is not available.
Luggage Carts – Free trolleys available beside baggage carousels.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – The airport offers safe deposit boxes, but specific information on their location is not available.
Luggage Porters – Provided through Jasa Porter service.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking Area – The airport has designated smoking areas, but information on their location is not available.
Information not available. If you know the hours, please email us at [email protected] and we will update the guide.
As of February 2018, Palembang airport is served by the following airlines: Lion Air • Garuda Indonesia • Batik Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The airport is connected to Prabumulih City via bus. There are only 4 daily connections (Airport to City at 7:00AM, 9:00AM, 11:00AM and 1:00PM • City to Airport same times except the last return is at 12:00PM). At the time of this January 2018 update, a one way fare is Rp. 75.000 / person.
Car rental services are available on site. TRAC Astra Rent a Car organizes all car rentals at the airport. Their office is located in the arrivals hall.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.