Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Reykjavik Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Reykjavik Domestic Airport.
What to Expect
- This airport offers flights to domestic destinations, as well as Greenland, and the Faroe Islands.
- There are two terminals: the main terminal handles most flights, with the smaller terminal houses regional flights for Eagle Air.
Where to Sleep
- The airport closes at night, sleeping here overnight is not possible.
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If sleeping at Reykjavik Domestic Airport does not appeal to you, below you will find a list of hotels within walking distance. These hotels are also within 10 minutes walking distance of the Reykjavik bus terminal.
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura – (2 minute walk from the domestic airport) No airport shuttle.» Check Rates
- Bus Hostel Reykjavik – (10 minute walk or 4 min ride from the domestic airport) No airport shuttle.» Check Rates
- Alba Guesthouse – (15 minute walk or 4 min ride from the domestic airport) No airport shuttle.» Check Rates
- Travel Inn Guesthouse – (15 minute walk or 4 min ride from the domestic airport) No airport shuttle.» Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Reykjavík Domestic Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Information not available
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Baby Care Facilities – At the time of this update, it is not known if baby change facilities are available. Strollers/pushchairs are available throughout the terminal.
Children’s Play Area – Games, puzzles, Lego table, video games, child-size seating and more are available in the play area. Location: Airside, South Building, Gates D24-D29. An additional play area is also available at Gate C. Be sure to collect the free colouring book and crayons when you pass through security.
Currency Exchange – Arion Bank offers currency exchange service in the commercial area of the terminal. Hours: 4:00AM – 8:00PM and whenever flights are scheduled.
Food & Drink – Restaurants are available. Location and hours are not known.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 7:00AM – 11:00PM (Mon-Fri) and 8:00AM – 11:00PM (Sat, Sun and Holidays)
As of February 2018, Reykjavik Domestic airport is served by the following airlines: Air Iceland • Eagle Air • Atlantic Airways.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Avis, Budget and Hertz have offices onsite.
If traveling light and on a tight budget, the Strætó public bus system offers an economical and reliable way to travel between the airport and your destination within Reykjavik’s city center.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.