Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our San Cristobal (Galapagos Islands) Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
The sea lions leave you alone for the most part if you were there first. – a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at San Cristóbal Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny, easy-going single-terminal airport with limited regional flight service. Facilities are minimal.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2019, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- The airport is only 20 minutes walking distance from the furthest point in town.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
There are no hotels at San Cristobal airport. The small town is very close so all of the hotels could be considered near the airport. Here are a few hotel options:
- Hostal La Posada de Jose Carlos – (6 minute walk from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($). » Check Rates
- Casa Blanca B&B – (3 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel suggests a taxi for $1.50. » Check Rates
- Hotel Los Cactus – (3 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near San Cristobal Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at San Cristobal Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Duty Free & Shopping – It is not known if Duty Free shopping is available. There are a few souvenir shops. Location and hours: unknown.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open from 10:00 AM until the last flight. Sleeping in the airport overnight is not possible.
As of February 2019, San Cristobal airport is served by the following airlines: Avianca • LATAM • TAME.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
San Cristobal Airport is just a super-cheap taxi ride (or a 15-minute walk) from Puerto Baquerizo Moreno. Once there, you can catch one of two daily ferry departures to Puerto Ayora. Inter-island flights are a faster and motion sickness-free alternative to the ferry.
Last updated: 2019-02-15
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.