Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Sanya Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
It’s 1:07 am on T2 of the Sanya Phoenix airport, and there’s no food service. No shop is open. There’s a vending machine with beverages and waffles. This is the domestic departure terminal. – a traveller
SYX Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Sanya Phoenix International Airport.
What to Expect
Sanya Airport (code: SYX) has a large but easy-to-navigate terminal divided into Domestic and International areas. Facilities include a variety of eateries and shops, but we are unable to confirm if any are open 24 hours. WiFi is free but you’ll need to receive a password via Chinese mobile number or at either an information counter or self-ticketing kiosk. Economy class passengers can pay to enter a few airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for location and access information.
Where to Sleep
We do not yet have any sleep-related airport reviews. For uninterrupted sleep, a hotel is located on airport property and nearby hotels offer shuttle service for a fee. See the Airport Hotels section below for locations or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, all services and times listed below are subject to change. Some services and facilities may remain closed or operate with reduced hours. Airport tips and suggestions in this guide and elsewhere on the site were written before March 2020 and may no longer be valid. If you are planning to sleep in the public area of the terminal overnight, have a back-up plan! We’ve heard from a few travellers at other airports and they were not permitted to stay overnight. We’re not sure if that will apply to this airport, until a reader lets us know the current situation. We will start updating all of our guides in October 2021. To help us with this massive update, you can add or update information or write a review and submit photos and airport tips.
For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Sanya Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
If sleeping in Sanya Airport does not appeal to you, there are a few hotels at the airport:
- Sanya Phoenix Airport Hotel – a reader tells us “It is connected to the shopping and parking garage outside the exit. As you leave, cross the road to the connected building and get to the third floor and go left. Turn right at the corridor near the McDonald’s and it will be on the left.” » Check Rates
- HNA Airport Express Sanya – 200m from the terminal. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Sanya Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
First Class Lounge – Multiple Locations – (2) Domestic Terminal and (1) International Terminal.
Golden Century VIP Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
Business VIP Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal, airside, second floor. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (￥100/per person per hour).
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s web site.
China Southern Sky Pearl Club – Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside.
Related Pages: Sanya Airport Lounges
Free WiFi is available in the Sanya Airport. Connect to the AIRPORT-FREE-WiFi network and follow instructions. A China mobile phone number is required to receive the password or head to an information counter or self-ticketing kiosk where you can also obtain a password.
There are also five internet kiosks, 10 PCs, and 28 Smart Terminals available in the domestic and international terminals.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – There are three baby care rooms in the airport. Rooms offer private nursing areas, plenty of comfy chairs and some play structures for kids. All rooms are located airside, two in Terminal 1, airside, opposite to gate 14 (second floor), to the left of China Southern Airlines VIP lounge, and another room in Terminal 2, airside, opposite to gates 24-25.
- Changing Room – Need to change from your comfy airplane outfit to your street outfit? A change room is located in the Baggage Claim Hall on the 1st Floor.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – There are several food and drink concessions throughout the airport. Operating hours are unknown.
- Information Desk – If you have any questions, visit one of the airport Information counters for assistance. Location: landside and airside
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Passengers can store their luggage at the Information Desk on the 2nd Level, Terminal Building, day or hourly storage is available. Rates: vary according to size, ranging from CNY 15 – CNY 35.
- Luggage Wrapping – Luggage wrapping is available in the departure hall. Fees vary depending on luggage size, ranging from CNY5 – CNY10.
- Medical Services – First Aid Center located in the arrival hall of the domestic terminal. Paid general assistance as well as emergency assistance are provided. The center is open 24 hours daily.
- Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Domestic Terminal.
- Currency Exchange – Hainan Transforex Currency Exchange is located across the baggage claim area in the International Arrival Hall.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Duty Free & Shopping – There are two duty free shops as well as several other shops.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Not available.
- Smoking Areas – There are five smoking areas at Sanya Airport. One is in the central garden of the international terminal. The other four are located in the domestic terminal.
Things to do & see
- Games Room – The airport offers passengers a chance to have some fun before boarding flights. In the games room you will find a pool table, an interactive game console and a putting green. Location and hours: Unknown.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Sanya airport is served by the following airlines: 9 Air • Air Busan • Air Chang’an • Air China • Azur Air • Beijing Capital Airlines • Cathay Dragon • Chengdu Airlines • China Airlines • China Eastern Airlines • China Express • China United Airlines • Fuzhou Airlines • Grand China Air • GX Airlines • Hainan Airlines • Hebei Airlines • Hong Kong Airlines • I-Fly • JC International Airlines • Jeju Air • Jetstar Asia • Juneyao Airlines • Korean Air • Lion Air • Lucky Air • Malindo Air • Okay Airways • S7 Airlines • SCAT Airlines • Shandong Airlines • Shanghai Airlines • Shenzhen Airlines • Sichuan Airlines • Spring Airlines • Suparna Airlines • Tianjin Airlines • Tibet Airlines • West Air • Xiamen Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Airport Shuttle Route 1 airport bus offer express service between the airport and Dadonghai at an affordable price. Buses run according to flights, with the last run being somewhere around 12:30AM usually. At the time of this update, a one-way ticket costs ￥15 per person.
The following car rental agencies have offices located onsite: CAR Inc • eHi Car Services • Hainan Le Tour International Travel Service • HNA safe car • Magical car.
Metered taxis are readily available at a taxi stand located outside of Arrivals Hall Gate 3, on the 1st floor. Taxis will either be blue and white-colored, yellow or ochre colored. Charge rates are posted on the taxi windows.
A high-speed rail system runs in a loop, linking the airport to points all around the island. The airport train station is located at the main entrance of Terminal 1.
Last updated: 2021-10-20
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.