Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Sanya Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Sanya Airport.
What to Expect
- This airport is one of the 20 busiest airports in China, with flights to many domestic cities, and short- and long-haul international destinations. Though busy, the airport is a single, easy to navigate terminal.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one of two airport lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport, and some provide airport shuttles for a fee. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a day pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Business VIP Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal, airside, second floor. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (￥100/per person per hour).
If sleeping in Sanya Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Days Hotel & Suites Sanya Resort – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Tianfuyuan Resort – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($). » Check Rates
- Sanya Li Wo Wyndham Hotel – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available ($). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Sanya Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available in the Sanya Airport. Connect to the AIRPORT-FREE-WiFi network and follow instructions. A China mobile phone number is required to receive the password or head to an information counter or self-ticketing kiosk where you can also obtain a password.
There are also five internet kiosks, 10 PCs, and 28 Smart Terminals available in the domestic and international terminals.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – There are three baby care rooms in the airport. Rooms offer private nursing areas, plenty of comfy chairs and some play structures for kids. All rooms are located airside, two in Terminal 1, airside, opposite to gate 14 (second floor), to the left of China Southern Airlines VIP lounge, and another room in Terminal 2, airside, opposite to gates 24-25.
- Changing Room – Need to change from your comfy airplane outfit to your street outfit? A change room is located in the Baggage Claim Hall on the 1st Floor.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – There are several food and drink concessions throughout the airport. Operating hours are unknown.
- Information Desk – Information counters are located both landside and airside.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Passengers can store their luggage at the Information Desk on the 2nd Level, Terminal Building, day or hourly storage is available. Rates are not known.
- Luggage Wrapping – Luggage wrapping is available in the departure hall. Fees vary depending on luggage size.
- Medical Services – First Aid Center located in the arrival hall of the domestic terminal. Paid general assistance as well as emergency assistance are provided. The center is open 24 hours daily.
- Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, write a review or email us at [email protected]
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: unknown.
- Currency Exchange – Hainan Transforex Currency Exchange is located across the baggage claim area in the International Arrival Hall.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – Not available.
- Duty Free & Shopping – There are two duty free shops as well as several other shops.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Not available.
- Smoking Areas – There are five smoking areas at Sanya Airport. One is in the central garden of the international terminal. The other four are located in the domestic terminal.
Things to do & see
- Games Room – The airport offers passengers a chance to have some fun before boarding flights. In the games room you will find a pool table, an interactive game console and a putting green. Location and hours: Unknown.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2018, Sanya airport is served by the following airlines: Air China • Azur Air • Capital Airlines • Chengdu Airlines • Chongqing Airlines • China Eastern • China United Airlines • China Southern • Hainan Airlines • Juneyao Airlines • Jetstar • Okay Airways • Spring Airlines • Shenzhen Airlines • Shandong Airlines • Shanghai Airlines • Sichuan Airlines • Tianjin Airlines • Tibet Airlines • West Air • Xiamen Airlines • Yunnan Lucky Air.
Airport Shuttle Route 1 airport bus offer express service between the airport and Dadonghai at an affordable price. Buses depart hourly for most of the day, then every 30 minutes overnight (8:00PM – 2:00AM). At the time of this January 2018 update, a one-way ticket costs ￥15 per person.
A few local car rental agencies offer service onsite. No further information is available at this time.
Metered taxis are readily available at a taxi stand located outside of Arrivals Hall Gate 3, on the 1st floor. Taxis will either be blue and white-colored, yellow or ochre colored. Charge rates are posted on the taxi windows.
A high-speed rail system runs in a loop, linking the airport to points all around the island. The airport train station is located at the main entrance of Terminal 1.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected]