Read more about this airport
Addis Ababa Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Addis Ababa Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
a policeman walked up to us, and positioned himself about one metre away from us, watching us. After about 5 minutes, i asked him whether everything was okay. He told me that of course everything was okay, but his job is to protect the people here at this airport - Papa Whiskey
photo by csaladenes
"There's a private lounge for 30 (or 25,50) they will accept both currencies. With sofas and drinks, tea and some nuts (all included in the price) it was an acceptable night. With a TV present, but not disturbing, at a low volume. We were alone in the lounge and had sofas to sleep on, got some blankets from the waitress and were able to sleep decently. The light was low and comfortable, but all the noise from the Terminal came in, since there were only walls and only a grid ceiling. Open connection to the Terminal and all its noise. It was accetable, though, perfectly possible to sleep. In the morning we had been left alone by the waitress, which was a bit weird. Inside the lounge we didn't feel the need for taking turns while sleeping (for security reasons). We left our bags between a wall and one of the sofas we were sleeping on, in a corner. Wifi was present, but neith»er my iphone nor the ipad were able to join the network."
Have you been to Addis Ababa Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
information not available
Free WiFi is available at Addis Ababa Airport. (Information submitted by a reader)
If sleeping in the Addis Ababa Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel near the airport....
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Addis Ababa Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Information not available
- Car Rentals - Information not available
- Children's Play Areas - Information not available
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food & Drinks - Information not available
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Information not available
- Showers - Information not available
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. And if you know the hours, please let me know and I will update the guide.
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Addis Ababa Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Addis Ababa Travel Resources
- Tripadvisor - search for Addis Ababa hotel deals, check availability and read traveller reviews.
Last Updated: 20 February 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.