Addis Ababa Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Addis Ababa Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
a policeman walked up to us, and positioned himself about one metre away from us, watching us. After about 5 minutes, i asked him whether everything was okay. He told me that of course everything was okay, but his job is to protect the people here at this airport - Papa Whiskey
photo by csaladenes
October 2014 - I disagree that this airport is amongst the best in Africa. It may be a main hub for most travellers going to Africa with Ethiopians airlines but the airport needs a serious refurbishment . Toilets are very small , dirty and packed . Really not nice to even get into it .
Reclining seats for travelling passengers are not enough and so busy ...you must be very lucky if you get one .
The queue for security checks it the transit area is ridiculously long and stupid ....people are on transit for Heaven's sake ...meaning they have been checked before boarding and here they are just on transit .but there you go , it's one of the best airport in Africa.
Food and restaurant are really dull and not good at all.
My experience for travelling through these two airport are as recent as last week 18 of October .
Have you been to Addis Ababa Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
information not available
Free WiFi is available at Addis Ababa Airport. (Information submitted by a reader)
If sleeping in Addis Ababa Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Addis Ababa Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Information not available
- Car Rentals - Information not available
- Children's Play Areas - Information not available
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food & Drinks - Information not available
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Information not available
- Showers - Information not available
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. And if you know the hours, please let me know and I will update the guide.
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Addis Ababa Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Addis Ababa Travel Resources
- Tripadvisor - search for Addis Ababa hotel deals, check availability and read traveller reviews.
Last Updated: 02 April 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.