Algiers Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Algiers Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The only place you are likely to fall asleep in Hassi Messaoud airport is in the international departures lounge, but that is assuming you find a plastic seat that is actually bolted to its base. - Gus
Airside Seating. Photo credit: Poudou99 / Wikipedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Houari Boumediene Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern mid-size international airport with three terminals (Terminals 1, 2 and 3)
- Several reviewers described this airport as comparable or better than some US or European airports in the quality of the airport’s amenities and the efficiency of its processes (check-in, security checkpoints, etc.). Comfortable seating is available throughout and you don’t have to walk far to reach any of the gates.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although no reviewers mentioned a specific spot for sleeping, those who did remarked at how safe they felt in the airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Algiers Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Air Algerie Salon Premiere Classe - Access information is currently unavailable.
WiFi is available at Algiers Airport for a fee.
If sleeping at the Algiers Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Mercure Alger Aéroport - (5 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service to/from domestic & international terminals every hour.
- Ibis Alger Aéroport - (3 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle departs daily, every hour from 7:00AM to 10:00PM. Located across from taxi stands. Driver can be reached at +213/ (0)661491178.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Algiers Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Car Rentals - Rapide Car has a desk at the airport.
- Children's Play Areas - not available
- Currency Exchange - Bank of Algeria. Location: unknown. Hours: unknown.
- Food & Drinks - Yes
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Pharmacy - Yes (Terminal 2)
- Prayer Room - Yes (Terminal 2)
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
A local bus links the airport with the city center, running in 30-minute intervals. Tickets are sold on board the bus.
Taxis are readily available for hire outside of Hall 2. There are no meters, so negotiate a fare with the driver before starting your journey.
Last Updated: 09 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.