Ouagadougou Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Ouagadougou Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
2 large air conditioning machines spewing cold air which most people stayed away from sitting near. I chose to sit close to them with a thick jacket on as there were mosquitos everywhere. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Ouagadougou Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal airport with very basic shopping and dining options, mostly located landside.
- There’s nothing to do at this airport, so bring a book or a few magazines for entertainment!
- Delayed flight arrivals and departures are very common at this airport.
- Language barriers and slow, sloooow service!
- Airport procedures are inefficient, so expect long lines!
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Ouagadougou Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
information not available
If sleeping in Ouagadougou Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Yibi - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle
- Splendid Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle
- Hotel Palm Beach - (6 min from the airport) Free airport drop-off service
- La Palmeraie - (6 min from the airport) Roundtrip airport shuttle service is available upon request for 3000 FCFa each way.
- Hotel les Palmiers - (9 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Ouagadougou Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Areas - not available
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
National Car Rental offers car rentals from the airport.
Last Updated: 03 April 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.