Tana Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Tana Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
This is an international airport where the immigration officials asks for gifts and threaten to pending you if you will not give money or 'gifts' to them - francis
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Ivato International Airport.
What to Expect
- A single-terminal airport with limited shopping and dining options
- Multiple security checkpoints during the departure process.
- Reviewers report rampant and open extortion attempts at almost every turn in this airport, from check-in to restrooms.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted in this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Tana Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
information not available
If sleeping in Tana Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Au Bois Vert - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel ($) Day room rates are available.
- Le Relais des Plateaux - (7 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service is available upon request.
- Chez Jeanne Guest House & Inn - (8 min from the airport) Airport shuttle is available upon request for 20,000 ar each way. Day rates available for 25,000 ar for 2 hours.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Tana Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Food & Drinks - Yes
- Post Office - Yes
If you are looking for something to do before or after arrival, there is a nearby crocodile farm called Croc Farm Ivato. it is approx. 8 minute drive from the airport.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 02 April 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.