Bhubaneswar Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bhubaneswar Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Just thought I should mention a nice airport in India, for a change.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Biju Patnaik International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small and friendly international airport with two terminals (T1 (Domestic) and T2 (International)), clean facilities, English-speaking staff and some nice shops and restaurants.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. According to one reviewer, comfortable chairs and benches are available in the terminal. Write a review to help future travelers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bhubaneswar Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Mayfair Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Landside, Ground Floor, between the Arrivals and Departures halls. Hours: 7:30AM - 9:00PM.
Free WiFi is available at Bhubaneswar Airport.
If sleeping in Bhubaneswar Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Royal Midtown Hotel - (Less than 2 miles from the airport) Airport transfers available
- Hotel Venus Inn - (8 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available
- Hotel Pushpak - (8 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available
According to the airport's web site, there are "Rest Rooms", but we do not have details about location. Rates: Rs 1500 (Double Bed) and Rs 1000 Single Bed.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bhubaneswar Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Child Care Room - Yes
- Children's Play Area - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Services are available in the Arrivals area.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update is not know if any of the food and beverages concessions are open 24 hours.
- Luggage Trolley - Yes (Free)
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available at Apollo Hospital, located on airport property. Location and hours: unknown.
- Pharmacy - Yes
- Shopping - Souvenirs, books, crafts, flowers, clothing, and more are available for purchase from various shops throughout the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Several companies offer self-drive or chauffeured cars for hire. Car rental kiosks are located in the Arrivals Hall of the airport.
Metered auto-rickshaw taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport. A reader tells us that "private taxis, Ola, Uber are readily available at decent prices. ( Remember the taxis in Odisha charge for return fare as well; so an Uber/Ola might be cheaper depending on your route )"
Last Updated: 27 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.