Koh Samui Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Koh Samui Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
This airport is almost worth visiting all by itself. It is absolutely gorgeous.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Samui International Airport.
What to Expect
- A beautiful, open-air single-terminal international airport, comfortably furnished and decorated with tropical plants and flowers. The restrooms are clean and spacious, with large fish tanks and shelves for your luggage. Shopping and dining options are limited, as this is a small airport.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Koh Samui Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Koh Samui airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Blue Ribbon Club Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, between Gates 2 and 3. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Blue Ribbon Club Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, between Gate 6. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
WiFi is available at Koh Samui Airport inside the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
If sleeping in Koh Samui Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Saboey Resort & Villas - (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available upon request, some room categories include free transfers.
- Samui Pier Beach Front Resort - (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available
- Chaweng Grand View Resort - (9 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available
- Coral Bay Resort - (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available, upon request, Bht300 each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Koh Samui Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Food & Drinks - 2 Restaurants and 3 coffee shops are available at the Samui Park Avenue open air promenade. Hours: Not known.
- Shopping - A variety of shops are available at the Samui Park Avenue shopping arcade.
- Spa - Enjoy a traditional Thai massage before boarding your flight at Soul to Sole. Hours: Not known.
The airport is open during flight operation hours, from 6:00AM - 10:00PM.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.