Cusco Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Cusco Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I was ordered out of the airport, the airport closes after the day's last flight
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Cusco Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, single-terminal international airport with minimal amenities and services. According to some reviews, the airport is disorganized, in disrepair and seems ill-equipped to handle the amount of passengers that pass through.
- Seating is uncomfortable and extremely limited, often not enough to accommodate the amount of passengers waiting in the airport.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Several passengers claim to have had personal belongings stolen or money extorted from them during security check at the airport, so be careful!
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Cusco Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Kuntur VIP Lounge - Location: Airside, 1st Floor. Hours: 5:00AM - 8:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£23.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- VIP Lounge Cusco SAC - Location: Landside, 1st Floor. Hours: 6:00AM - 4:00PM (Daily).
WiFi is available at Cusco Airport inside the lounges [ see Airport Lounges above ] and at the Tempo Cafe. At the time of this update, we don’t have information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
If sleeping in Cusco Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Agusto’s - (8 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Sonnenthal Cusco - (10 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle service available ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotel deals in Cusco on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - BCP • Banco Continental • Scotia Bank - Location: Landside, near Main Entrance.
- Car Rentals - Atix • MANU • Hertz • Europcar • MASTER.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, available on the ground floor where they exchange Euros, British Pounds and US Dollars.
- Duty Free and Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as bookstore (Landside) and a small selection of high end shops (Airside).
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Main Hall - Hours: 6:30AM - 6:00PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available
- Medical Services - There is a First Aid Station available. Hours and location are not known.
- Mobile Charging - Power outlets are available near the boarding gates.
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open 5:00AM - 10:00PM.
Travel like the locals do! If your load is light, you can travel at a fraction of the price of a taxi by taking a “combi” (shared-ride minibus), which stop at the bus stop to the right of the airport terminal exit. Before boarding, make sure the combi is going to your destination.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. For your safety, use only the services of a clearly marked official taxi. There are no meters, so negotiate a fare with the driver before starting your journey.
Last Updated: 09 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.