Kingston Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Kingston Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Don't be fooled by the early calling of your flight. Jamaican security checks your backs TWICE more on route to the plane, then you get to sit on the plane (which is baking in the sun) for at least 20-30 minutes. - Kevin
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Kingston Airport.
What to Expect
- A bright and modern international airport with comfortable seating, colorful shops and an easily accessible food court.
- Red Stripe beer and rum samples flow all day and night, so enjoy, but don’t overdo it!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of December 2016, we have no reviews from travelers who have spent the night at this airport. However, one recent review mentions that the airport’s benches look comfortable enough to sleep on. Write a review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Kingston Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Kingston airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Club Kingston - Location: Airside, Mezannine Level. Showers are available. Hours: 4:00AM - 9:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 30) • Book Online (£25.00) • Priority Pass
WiFi is available at Kingston Airport in the Ticketing Area and Departures Lobby.
If sleeping in Kingston Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Altamont Court Hotel - (27 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Liguanea Club - (28 min from the airport) A members-only sports and recreation club with lodging, open to overseas travelers. No airport shuttle.
- Indies Hotel - (28 min from the airport) A budget hotel near New Kingston. No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Kingston Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - National Commercial Bank (NCB) - Location: Airside, Customs Hall • Landside, Arrivals Hall - Dual Currency ATM.
- Baby Changing Room - Baby Changing Rooms are available in all restrooms in the Ticketing and Departure Concourse
- Baggage Trolleys - Yes, available free of charge in the baggage claim area.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Global Exchange - Location: Landside (Arrivals and Departures Hall) • Airside (Arrivals and Departures Lounge).
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of shops to pass the time.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were a variety of food concessions at the airport including a few that are open 24 hours.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Arrivals and Departures Hall • Airside, Immigration Hall.
- Showers - Available at the Club Kingston VIP Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 11 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.