Maracaibo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Maracaibo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the place was full of mosquitoes, and there were no seats. the only ATM didn't work. pretty much a lousy experience -jim
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at La Chinita International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small and attractive international airport with two terminals (Domestic and International) and limited shopping and dining options.
- Lots of mosquitoes in the terminal, so wear mosquito repellent!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travelers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Maracaibo Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Premier Club - Location: National Terminal, Landside. Hours: 5:00AM - 8:00PM (Daily).
Free WiFi is available at Maracaibo airport. It is not known if this is unlimited and accessible throughout the airport. Internet kiosks are also available.
If sleeping in La Chinita International Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back to Maracaibo city center, as there are no hotels near airport. Here are some other hotel options in Maracaibo based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Hotel El Paseo Maracaibo - (22 min from the airport) No airport shuttle. Hotel can arrange a taxi pick-up if required.
- Hotel Maracaibo Trece 27 - (28 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Hotel Maracaibo Suites - (35 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Maracaibo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATM’s / Cash Machines - Yes, available.
- Beauty Salon - Yes, available.
- Car Rentals - Yes. Aco • Budget • City Cars • Hertz • Unirent.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, available.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a selection of other shops. Hours and locations are not known.
- Food & Drinks - There are a variety of food options available in both terminals. Location and hours are not known. Vending machines are also available.
- Medical Services - Yes, available 24 hours a day.
- Pharmacy - Yes, available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 11 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.