Mar del Plata Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Mar del Plata Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I slept for a few minutes when the airport police woke me up
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Ástor Piazzolla International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, single-terminal domestic airport with a couple of shops and a snack bar.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Mar del Plata Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Aeropuertos VIP Club - Location: Landside, Ground Floor. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:30PM.
WiFi is available at Mar del Plata Airport for a fee. Rate: $20 (two hours).
If sleeping in Mar del Plata Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Carilo - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Merit Mar del Plata - (20 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Mar del Plata Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: Landside, Main Hall.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is not available at the airport .Only a small selection of shops will be found Landside including a shop selling snacks and drinks, a clothing store and magazine shop.
- Food & Drinks - There are no 24 hours food concessions in this Airport.
- Pharmacy - Yes, Landside. Hours are not known.
The airport is open 24 hours
Buses and Colectivos
Mar del Plata is served by Transporte Urbano de Pasajeros bus line 542.
Hertz offers car rental services onsite.
Taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 14 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.