Porlamar Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Porlamar Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I was told by security the best place to sleep is in the domestic terminal.
- a traveller
photo credit: Antoniodermin / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Santiago Mariño Caribbean International Airport.
What to Expect
- A single-terminal international airport with Domestic and International sections. There are a few shops and a restaurant/cafe that will make you wish you were eating somewhere else (but excellent coffee!).
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Porlamar Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Premier Club - Location: National Terminal, Airside. Hours: 5:00AM - 8:00PM (Daily).
WiFi is available at Porlamar Airport inside the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
If sleeping in Porlamar Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Stevie Wonderland Guest House - (9 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Hotel Atti - (9 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Porlamar Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATM’s / Cash Machines - Yes, available.
- Car Rentals - Aco • Amigos •Avis • Budget • DG Autos • Free Way • Hertz • Unirent.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, available.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as shops selling souvenirs and magazines.
- Food & Drinks - There are several options within the airport however the location and operating hours are not known.
- Medical Services - Yes, the Medical Clinic provides services at the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 15 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.