Port-au-Prince Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Port-au-Prince Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Port au Prince Toussaint Louverture Airport is called an airport because, if not, Haiti would not have any airport. - martin
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Port au Prince Airport.
What to Expect
- A recently rebuilt two-level international airport that some describe as chaotic and noisy. Reviews are mixed on the cleanliness, quality and function of the airport’s amenities.
- Some reviews report of chaotic arrivals and departures from this airport, language barriers, price gouging and having personal belongings stolen from luggage while in transit, so be aware and travel carefully!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the Airport Guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Port-au-Prince Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free WiFi is available at Port-au-Prince Airport. Connect to the ”Digicel” network.
If sleeping in Port-au-Prince Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Servotel - (1 minutes from the airport) Located across from the airport. Free airport shuttle service is available upon request.
- La Maison Hotel - (1 minutes from the airport) Located across from the airport. Free airport shuttle service available.
- Palm Inn - (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers are available upon request. Must be booked 24 hours in advance.
- Visa Lodge - (5 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle service available.
- Hotel Habitation Hatt - (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available for $15 USD.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Port au Prince Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There is a Banque Populaire location at the airport.
- Car Rentals - Yes. Hertz • Europcar • Dollar and more.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, available at Haitian People’s Bank. Location and hours are not known.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a variety of shops selling souvenir type items.
- Food & Drinks - There are several food options located at the airport, exact location and opening hours are not available.
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Pharmacy - Yes, the Aero Drug Store. Location and hours are not known.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open from 6:00 AM until the last flight.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 30 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.