Recife Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Recife Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
From the outside this airport looks like it might be a comfy fit inside. Not at all, it is very sterile and lighting is poor. No carpets so one can lay out on the floor in an attempt to doze off.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Recife/Guararapes–Gilberto Freyre International Airport.
What to Expect
- A large, recently-built single-terminal airport with clean and modern facilities and a wide variety of shops and restaurants. 24-hour shopping and dining options are available!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!However, reviewers did report that the terminal is spacious, with plenty of (uncarpeted) empty floor space and comfortable chairs around. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for added comfort when sleeping on the floor! Write a review to help future travelers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
- For safety reasons, do not wander off airport grounds at night!
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Recife Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Sala VIP Luck Viagens - Location: Domestic Terminal, Landside, in front of Gate 5. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM (Mon - Fri) • 6:00AM - 11:00PM (Sat & Sun).
- Sala VIP Casablanca Turismo Recife - Location: Landside, in front of the Arrival Gate (South), near the A4 exit. Hours: 6:00AM - 11:00PM (Mon - Fri) • 8:00AM - 2:00PM (Sat) • Closed (Sun).
- Proair VIP Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, in front of Gate 16. Hours: 8:00AM - 11:00PM (Daily).
Free WiFi is available at Recife Airport. Connect to the "INFRAERO wi-fi Gratis" network.
If sleeping in Recife Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Siesta Box - Location: Airside. Find rest and relaxation in one of these self-service sleep cabins. Each climate-controlled cabin offers privacy, a single bed, free WiFi, cable TV, ambient lighting, mirror, laptop table, universal power and USB outlets. Simply select an available cabin from the touchscreen menu, select the length of time needed, and enter your credit or debit card information. A PIN-number will be printed, which you then use to access your cabin. There are only four cabins in Recife Airport, so snag one quickly if you need it! Rates are as follows: 49,90 R$ (1 hour) • 69,90 R$ (2 hours) • 89,90 R$ (3 hours) • 109,90 R$ (4 hours) • 129,90 R$ (5 hours) • 149,90 R$ (6 hours)
- Ibis Recife Aeroporto - Located across from the airport, this hotel is within walking distance, but Tripadvisor reviews state it is easier and safer to take a taxi due to lack of direct footpath from hotel to the airport. No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Veraneio - Located 250m from the airport. No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Nacional Inn Recife - Located 300m from the airport. No airport shuttle.
- Guyamar Hotel - Located 500m from the airport. No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Recife Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Bradesco • Caixa Econômica Federal • HSBC • Itaú Unibanco • Santander - Location: Ground floor Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Banking - Banco do Brasil Location: Ground floor Hours: Normal banking hours.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Two currency exchange offices are located on the ground floor, and a third is located in Arrivals North. Hours: Open 24 hours
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a variety of shops (souvenirs, bookshops, etc.).
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Coffee Square • Empório Sweets • Fran’s Cafe • Grão Café • Pipoqueira.
- Information Desk - Location: 1st floor Hours: Open 24 hours
- Pharmacy - Drogafarma Location: 1st floor Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Post Office - Correios Location: ground floor Hours: 9:00AM - 8:00PM (Mon-Fri) 9:00AM - 5:00PM (Sat) 9:00AM - 1:00PM (Sun).
- Shopping - A duty free shop and gift stores are available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 24 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.