Santo Domingo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Santo Domingo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
although no places to grab a bite to eat were open, seats were ample and cushioned, little or no activity was heard and dimmed lights around allowed us to sleep a bit more we thought we might. - ReyRico
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Santo Domingo Airport.
What to Expect
- The Santo Domingo airport has a 3-level terminal building, divided into Terminal A, Terminal B, and a smaller “Cruise Terminal.”
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Several reviewers reported difficulties going through Customs at this airport.
Where to Sleep
- Information on where to sleep in limited. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Santo Domingo Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Copa Club - Location: Terminal B, North Concourse, Gate B4. Hours: 5:00AM - 7:00PM. Lounge Access: Priority Pass
- Sala VIP Caribe - Location: Terminal A, Airside. Hours: 6:00AM - 11:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Priority Pass
WiFi is available at Santo Domingo Airport for a fee.
If sleeping in Santo Domingo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Las Americas - scheduled to open in 2017
- Quality Hotel Real Aeropuerto Santo Domingo - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Zapata - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Casa Coco - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Garant & Suites - (12 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Bellevue Dominican Bay - (15 min from the airport) An all-inclusive resort. No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Santo Domingo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes (landside, first level)
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - There are three currency exchange offices: Reserve Bank Republica Dominicana (Terminal A South, landside, open 24 hours) and Global Exchange (Terminal A South, airside and Terminal B North, airside).
- Duty Free & Shopping - Dufry Duty Free is available airside, along with an assortment of shops located landside on the 2nd floor.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we were unable to confirm if there are any 24-hour dining options.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Pharmacy - Yes, on the 2nd floor.
- Showers - not available
- Video Games - Funtastico offers video games for children and adults. Location: Food Court, Third Level
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 11 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.