Tegucigalpa Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Tegucigalpa Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I first made it there in 2005 and thought I was in a homeless shelter. I couldn't believe it. I went there again in 2007 and the place had undergone a sweet remodeling. - robbiesqp
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Toncontín International Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny, but recently remodeled international airport with clean facilities and a variety of shopping and dining options. Reviewers suggest staying landside until you have to go airside for your flight, as there are more shops and restaurants available there.
- WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- An exorbitant airport exit fee for departing passengers
Heavy military presence.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Tegucigalpa Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Salas Internacionales VIP Club - Location: Airside, 2nd Floor, in front of Gate 2. Hours: 5:30AM - 7:00PM (Daily).
At the time of this update WiFi is available only in Coffee Shops and the VIP Lounge.
If sleeping in Teguchigalpa Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Humuya Inn - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Aparthotel ROS - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel ($).
- Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle, but hotel does provide free shuttle service to Mall Multiplaza daily from 11:00AM to 7:00PM.
- Villa Marina B&B - (13 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Clarion Hotel Real Tegucigalpa - (16 min from the airport) Scheduled airport shuttle service available ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Tegucigalpa Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATM’S / Cash Machines - See Banking Services.
- Banking Services - There is a bank operating at the airport, there may be an ATM available.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, available. Location and hours are not known.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available at the airport.
- Food & Drinks - The airport offers food concessions however the location and hours are not known.
- Medical Services - There is a First Aid room available.
The airport is open from 06:00 AM until the last flight.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 08 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.