Ushuaia Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Ushuaia Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I had a very early flight and since it was so quiet, was able to sleep for about an hour. The staff were respectful of me lounging around and snoring loudly - snowshoecat
photo credit: Martin St.Amant / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Malvinas Argentinas Ushuaia International Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny and fairly new single-terminal international airport with clean facilities and beautiful mountain views. Shopping and dining options are very basic and limited.
- Free WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Weather delays are common for this airport, especially during the winter.
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific sleeping spot was mentioned, reviewers describe their overnight stay as pleasant and uneventful. The airport’s staff is friendly and accommodating to overnight guests. Write a review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Ushuaia Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update, there are no pay-per-use lounges at this airport.
Free WiFi is available at Ushuaia Airport.
If sleeping in Ushuaia Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- La Posta Hostel Apart - (5 min from the airport) Private rooms and dorms available. No airport shuttle.The hostel suggests a taxi for $75 ARG each way.
- Hosteria Via Rondine - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Ushuaia Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - BANCO PROVINCIA TIERRA DEL FUEGO - Location: Landside, Main Hall.
- Car Rentals - Avis and Hertz.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24 hour food concessions at the airport.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Arrivals Hall - Hours: 06:00 AM - 09:00 PM.
The airport is open from 06:00 AM until the last flight.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 17 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.