Alicante Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Alicante Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Power sockets for laptops are available, but you have to look hard for them.
photo credit: FoxR / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Alicante-Elche Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean and modern recently-built airport terminal with a small variety of shops and restaurants. 24-hour dining options are available!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Computers with internet access and mobile charging units are also available at internet access points located throughout the airport.
Where to Sleep
- Reviewers rate this airport as a safe and pleasant place to spend the night. Airport staff seem to be very accommodating, turning off some of the lights and attempting to be discreet and quiet around sleeping travelers during the night.
- All of the airport’s benches have armrests, so your best bet is the floor. Reviewers who slept at this airport preferred the Arrivals Hall, where you can find darkened areas with plenty of empty floor space for sleeping. Have a travel mat or sleeping bag handy for added comfort! Although the terminal lights are dimmed at night, have a sleep mask handy to ensure a good night’s sleep!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s comfortable VIP lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Alicante Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Alicante airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Sala VIP - Salon IFACH - Location: Airside, Level 2, take escalator to 3rd floor from Gates B and C. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM (November - March) and 6:00AM - 12:00AM (April - October). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€19.11) • Book Online (£25) • Priority Pass
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Alicante Airport terminal. Connect to the "kubiwireless" network. (SSID: Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA).
Additionally, you will find computers with printers and mobile charging at these internet access points: Floor 0, Arrivals Hall • Floor 2, Departures Hall • Floor 2, Commercial Area • Floor 2, Boarding Gates B22-23 • Floor 2, Boarding Gates B32-33 • Floor 2, Boarding Gates 46-47.
If sleeping in Alicante Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Areca - (3 min from the aiport) Airport transfers available for a fee
- Hostal La Posada - (3 min from the airport) No airport transfers
- Hotel Dona Isabel - (5 min from the airport) No airport transfers
- Hostal Meseguer - (5 min from the airport) No airport transfers
- Hostal Pensimar - (5 min from the airport) No airport transfers
- Hostal El Altet - (5 min from the airport) No airport transfers
- Ibis Budget Alicante - (8 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Alicante Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are 6 ATMs located on Floor 2, Check-in • Floor 2, Boarding zone • General Car Park P1.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - Located at Terminal 1, Level 1.
- Children’s Area - Location: Floor 2, Airside.
- Currency Exchange - There are 3 Global Exchange offices: Floor 0, Baggage Claim • Floor 0, Arrivals Hall • Floor 0, Boarding zone
- Duty Free - There are 3 Duty Free stores: The Arrivals Shop (Floor 0, Airside. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM) • The Express Shop (Floor 2, Airside. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM) • The Shop (Floor 2, Airside. Hours: 4:00AM - 12:00AM).
- Food / Beverages - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Caffriccio (Departures, landside, 2nd floor) • La Pausa (Departures, airside, 2nd floor - high season only). Vending machines are also available in the airport.
- Information Desk - Location: Floor 2, Landside, Departures Hall • Floor 2, Airside • Floor 2, Boarding Zone.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - There is no Left Luggage office at the Alicante Airport.
- Medical Services - A first aid office is located on Floor 0, Arrivals Hall.
- Mobile Charging - Locations: Floor 0, Arrivals Hall • Floor 2, Departures Hall • Floor 2, Commercial Area • Floor 2, Boarding Gates B22-23 • Floor 2, Boarding Gates B32-33 • Floor 2, Boarding Gates 46-47.
- Pharmacy - 2 locations - El Corte Ingles, Floor 2, Airside. Hours: 8:00AM - 9:00PM • Farmacia, Floor 0, Landside. Hours: 7:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Photo Booths - Locations: Floor 0, Arrivals Hall • Floor 2, Boarding Zone
- Police - Location: Floor 0, Arrivals Hall.
- Showers - There are no showers at the airport.
- VAT Refund Desk - If you are a non-resident in the EU, you can claim a refund on the taxes you paid for your purchases in Spain. Location: Floor 0, Arrivals Hall.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Alicante Airport is served by three city buses and four intercity buses, with a bus stop area located on the 2nd floor of the airport terminal for all buses.
Subús Route C-6 (Alicante Airport) runs between the airport and central Alicante. Stops include the railway station and two metropolitan Tram stations (Alfonso X El Sabio and Plaza de Los Luceros). Buses depart every 20 minutes from 6:40AM - 11:00PM. A one-way ticket is €3.85, available for purchase on the bus.
Subús Route 1A (Elche-Airport) runs between the airport and central Elche, with stops including Torrellano and Elche Industrial Park. Buses depart hourly from 7:10AM - 10:10PM on weekdays, and every 2 hours during those times on the weekends and public holidays. A one-way ticket is €1.50, available for purchase on the bus.
Subús Route 1B (Elche-Airport-Arenales del Sol) runs between the airport and central Elche in one direction, and the coastal towns of Playa El Altet and Arenales del Sol in the other direction. Departure times vary, with a frequency of hourly to every four hours depending on the day and time of day. Service operates from 6:35AM - 8:35PM on weekdays, ending at 6:35PM on weekends and public holidays. A one-way ticket is €1.50, available for purchase on the bus.
For route maps, schedules and additional fare information, visit the Vectalia Subús website.
The Alsa Bus route Airport-Benidorm-Calpe runs daily between the airport, Benidorm and Calpe, with additional buses on the line running just between the airport and Benidorm. Departures are hourly, starting as early as 8:00AM from the airport or Benidorm, with departures starting later from Calpe (10:30AM). Bus fare is €9.45 one-way or €17.95 roundtrip. Alsa Bus route Airport-Murcia runs a daily nonstop service between the airport and Murcia (total trip time is 55 minutes one-way). Departures are hourly, and start as early as 6:45AM. Bus fare is €5.22 one-way or €9.20 roundtrip. Tickets are sold online or on the bus. For route maps, schedules and additional fare information, visit the Alsa website.
Autocares Baile offers weekday service between the airport and Santa Pola, with stops at Playa de El Altet, Arenales del Sol and Gran Alacant. Total one-way trip time is 30 minutes. Tickets are sold on the bus for €2.45 one-way.
Costa Azul offers daily nonstop service between the airport and the coastal resort town of Torrevieja, with a total trip time of 40 minutes in one direction. Departures are available every 2 hours from 8:00AM - 10:00PM. Tickets are sold on the bus for €7 one-way.
The following car rental agencies are located in the Arrivals Hall: Avis • Centauro • Enterprise • Europcar • Goldcar • Hertz • Record Rent a Car • Sixt. Location: Arrivals, P1. .
Metered airport taxis are available just outside of the Arrivals Hall. The Radio Taxi Elche information desk is open from 9:00AM - 1:00AM inside the Arrivals Hall. The “Special Fare” is a slightly higher fare charged on weekday nights (from 10:00PM - 6:00AM), on weekends and public holidays and during the Christmas/New Year holiday week. At the time of this update, there is a minimum fare requirement of € 3.80 during “Ordinary Fare” times, or € 4.30 during “Special Fare” times. Trips to and from the airport are charged an airport supplement fee of € 4.25 in addition to the metered fare. Estimated one-way fares between the airport and Elche are € 23 (Ordinary Fare) or € 25 (Special Fare).
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.