Ancona Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Ancona Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
a pair of security guards approached us and informed us that we have to leave at midnight because the airport is closing" -notes
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Ancona Falconara Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern airport with a good variety of shopping and dining options.
- Airport seating is uncomfortable, but armrest-free.
Where to Sleep
- According to a review we received and confirmed by the airport in July 2016, overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s comfortable VIP lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Ancona Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Reserved Waiting Lounge - offers internet connection, TV and magazines
Information not available
If sleeping in Ancona Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- B&B Residenza Leonardo - (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request. Cost is approx. 12,00€ each way.
- Hotel Tenda Verde - (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Hotel Touring - (12 minutes from the airport) If you arrive between 8:00AM and 8:00PM call 071913136 for pick up. Cost is approx. 15,00€ each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Ancona Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Bank machines are located in the Arrival and Departure Terminals, Landside. Banca Marcha is open Monday - Friday.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free - Duty-free shopping is available, along with a small variety of shops selling local wines and regional specialties.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. Dining options include: Fox Bar • Gusto e Marche Pizza • Prosit Bar
- Information Desk - Yes, located in the ticketing area.
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Not available
- Meeting Rooms - The airport has several meeting rooms for rent starting from 35.00 EU per hour.
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open from 4:00AM - 12:00AM.
Raffaello Aerobus offers service to and from Ancona and Falconara, in coordination with Ancona Airport flight schedules. Single ride tickets are sold on the bus at € 3,00 to Falconara or € 5,00 to Ancona. For route map, schedules and additional fare information, visit the Conerobus website.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite in the Arrivals Hall: AutoEuropa, Autonoleggio Magellano, Autovia, Avis, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Ancona-Falconara Airport has its own train station, called Castelferretti Railway Station. Located directly in front of the airport terminal, the airport railway station is served by trains traveling to and from Ancona’s main railway station, where connections can be made to trains traveling to other parts of Italy and beyond. Tickets are sold in the ticket office or from automated ticket machines located near the platforms. For route maps, schedules and fare information, visit the Trenitalia website.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.