Ankara Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Ankara Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
prices for everything are EXORBITANT. If you're not an Oil Sheikh, bring even your bottled water to drink along. -a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Esenboğa International Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean, modern and very busy international airport with two spacious terminals (Domestic and International). The airport is easily accessible from downtown Ankara.
- Shops and restaurants at this airport are very expensive, so bring your own food and drinks!
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific spot was mentioned, reviewers who spent the night in the airport felt safe overall.
- There are lots of airport employees and security guards around, but the airport is also very busy at all hours, so you may want to have earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy if you want to sleep peacefully.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Ankara Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Anadolu Jet Primeclass Lounge - Location: Domestic Departures Floor, Lower Level, airside. Hours: Open 24 Hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (US$ 27 - 4 hours)
- Comfort Lounge - Location: International Departures Floor, Upper Level, airside. Showers are available. Hours: Open 24 Hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (US$ 27 - 4 hours)
WiFi is available at Ankara Airport for free in the airport lounges, and for a fee throughout the rest of the airport.
If sleeping in Ankara Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ibis Ankara Airport Hotel - (5 min from the airport) This newly-built hotel is the closest hotel to the airport. Airport shuttle available for a fee (on request)
- Esenboga Airport Hotel - (9 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available for a fee (on request).
- Büyük Anadolu Hotel - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Ankara Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Aqua Park - If you have your bathing suit, there is an Aqua Park at the nearby Büyük Anadolu Airport Hotel.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are 7 ATMs located throughout the airport in the International (1 machine) and Domestic Terminals (6 machines). All machines are located on the Arrivals Floor.
- Baggage Trolleys - Yes.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - There are 3 currency exchange offices: International Departures (1 office) and International Arrivals area (2 offices).
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
- International Terminal (Departures): Teras Cafe • Vadi Cafe
- Domestic Terminal (Arrivals): Caffe Nero
- Domestic Terminal (Departures): Caffe Nero • Cakes & Bakes • Restro Eat ‘n Fly • Starbucks (two locations) • Tadında Anadolu
- Hairdresser - Parisli Cemil offers hairstyling services for men and women. Location: International Arrivals floor mezzanine, near the food court. Hours: unknown.
- Information Desks - Location: Domestic Arrivals • Domestic Departures • International Departures.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Fees vary, and are charged on a daily basis. Location: Domestic Arrivals floor. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Luggage Wrapping - Location: Domestic and International Check-in areas. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Medical Services - PortClinic is available to attend to minor medical emergencies.
- Pharmacy - Havalimanı Eczanesi. Location: Domestic Arrivals floor mezzanine, near the food court. Hours: unknown.
- Prayer Area - A total of 12 “mescits” (Muslim prayer rooms) are available throughout the airport, with two each in these locations: Domestic Arrivals, landside, behind the Property Room • end of the Domestic Departures lobby • end of the International Departures lobby • International Terminal mezzanine (airside) • VIP building • CIP building. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Shopping - There are souvenir shops located in each of the domestic and international terminals. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Showers - Showers are available in the Comfort Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours
City bus route 442 (Aşti - Havaalani - Kizilay) runs in a circuit between the airport and Ulus, Kizilay and Aşti Bus Station, departing every 20 minutes between 6:00AM - 11:20PM. Aşti Bus Station is within easy reach of hotels in the business district. At the time of this update, bus fare is 5.25 TL.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite in the International Terminal Arrivals Hall:
Div Rent A Car, Eco Rent A Car, Garenta, Payless and Thrifty.
Thes car rental agencies are located in the Domestic Terminal Arrivals Hall: Almira Rent A Car, Avis, Budget, Central, Europcar, Garenta, Hertz, National, Payless, Rent Go and Sixt.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Sahinbey Hotel.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of both airport terminals on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.