Belfast International Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Belfast Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
There were plenty of cushioned seating near the games room but it was too bright to sleep -CharlotteDeHK
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Belfast International Airport.
What to Expect
- The Belfast International airport has a single terminal.
- After airport restaurants and shops close for the night, vending machines are the only in-airport snack option. Plan ahead and buy your food and drinks before the concessions close.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although the airport is open 24 hours, reviewers have reported that security does not let passengers through at night unless their flight is leaving in the next few hours.
- Airside tends to have better sleeping options. Try looking for one of the longer benches near the food village.
- There are a few benches without armrests landside as well, found near the check-in area.
- The airport stays noisy at night, so don’t forget your earplugs or noise cancelling headphones.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Belfast International Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Belfast International airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Causeway Lounge - Location: Airside, near Gates 16 & 17. Hours: 5:30AM - 9:15PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (£ 15.00) • Book Online (£17.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Belfast International Airport.
If sleeping in Belfast Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Maldron Hotel Belfast Airport - (3 minute walk from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Ballyrobin Country Lodge - (3 minutes from the airport) An airport shuttle available upon request
- Dunadry Hotel - (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2 - (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Belfast International Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available
- Baby Change Facilities - Available throughout the airport, both Airside and Landside.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - There are two International Currency Exchange offices in the airport: one location is before the central search security area and the other is located in the International Arrivals area. Hours: 5:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available, along with a limited variety of shops selling newspapers, snacks, travel necessities and souvenirs. Superdrug is located Airside and offers pre-order service for infant formula. Simply place your order 6 days before your travel and pick up post security, freeing up space in your hand luggage for other essentials.
- Food & Drinks - There are no 24 hour food and beverage concessions available. Food options: Burger King • Cafe Bar • Caffe Ritazza • Fed & Watered • The Lagan Bar • Starbucks • The Strangford Grill.
- Information Desk - Customer Service Agents can be found throughout the airport to offer assistance.
- Observation Area - Follow the signs from the Arrivals Area to reach the country's only Landside view gallery, open 24/7.
- Quiet Room - The airport offers an oasis of calm to enable contemplation and/or prayer. Locations: Arrivals Hall.
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - Smoking is permitted in designated facilities (Airside next to the Lagan Bar) for a 1 EU entrance fee.
The airport is open 24 hours.
The Airport Express 300 is a daily express service between the airport and Belfast Europa Bus Centre (next to Europa Hotel) in downtown Belfast. Stops include Templepatrick and Royal Avenue. Buses depart every 20 - 30 minutes from about 4:20AM - 11:30PM or later. Total one-way trip time between the airport and Europa Bus Centre is about 30 - 40 minutes. Adult fare is £7.50 one-way or £10.50 round trip.
The Ulsterbus (109A) runs between the airport, Lisburn Rail Station and Antrim Buscentre daily from 6:00AM - 6:00PM. Access to Antrim Train Station is available via Antrim Buscentre.
Visitors to Belfast can purchase the Belfast Visitor Pass, good for unlimited bus and rail travel within the Translink Metro network for up to 3 days, along with some great discounts on visitors attractions, local businesses and eateries. Prices start at £6.50 per adult. Tickets are sold online or at the Tourist Information Desk in the airport. For route maps, schedules and fare information for the Airport Express 300, Ulsterbus 109A or any other Translink services, visit the Translink Metro website.
Transporter buses travel between Belfast International Airport and Belfast City Airport, or from the airports to Derry and Londonderry. Multiple scheduled departures are available daily. A one-way adult fare is £10.00 to travel between the airports, or £20.00 to travel from the airport to Derry/Londonderry. For route maps, schedules and additional fare information and ticket purchase, visit the Airporter website, or go to the Tourist Information Desk in the main concourse of the airport.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite in the Arrivals Hall: Budget, Enterprise/National/Alamo, Europcar and Hertz.
Airport-approved taxis are available at the taxi rank, located outside to the right of the Arrivals Hall exit door, on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. Shared taxis are also available upon request.
Last Updated: 15 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.