Cagliari Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Cagliari Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the next night was spent outside in front of the airport in the bushes that are there. not funny anymore! - annele21
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Cagliari Elmas Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean and modern single-terminal airport with a wide variety of shops and a few restaurants
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Be prepared to show your boarding ticket or plane ticket for proof of onward travel, or you will be escorted out of the terminal by airport security.
- The airport’s seating is uncomfortable, so you may find the floor more comfortable to sleep on. Have a travel mat or sleeping bag handy for added comfort.
- Other than the overnight cleaning crew, the airport is very quiet at night. Have earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy to ensure a good night’s rest.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Cagliari Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
Unlimited free WiFi is available at Cagliari Airport. Connect to the "WiFi Cagliari Airport" network.
If sleeping in Cagliari Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ottagono - (5 min from the airport) Free roundtrip airport transfers
- B&B Semelia - (3 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Holiday Inn Cagliari - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Sardegna Hotel - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Cagliari Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located in the Departures and Arrivals areas.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Available
- Fast Track - As a premium service, customers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: 5.00 EU – tickets are sold by automated machines located landside.
- Food & Drinks - There are food concessions located landside and airside. It is unknown if any of these facilities are open 24 hours.
- Health Services - The Italian Red Cross operates the first aid service, providing initial treatment and free transport to closest hospital. Location: Landside, Ground Level, near North entrance of the car park. Hours: 24 hours a day.
- Information Desks - Yes
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - No lockers are offered, but there is a left luggage office available. Hours and location are not known.
- Prayer Room - The airport has a chapel located in the Departures area on the second level.
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Car rental desks are located in front of the airport terminal. Onsite car rental agencies include AutoEuropa/Sicily by Car, Avis, Dinamica Rent, Europcar, Goldcar, Hertz/Dollar/Thrifty, Karalis, Locauto Rent, Maggiore, Matta Autonoleggio, Mida Rent, Noleggiare, Only Sardinia, Pintauro Autonoleggio, Ruvioli Autonoleggio, Sardinya Autonoleggio, Sixt and Viten Group.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal, during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. At the time of this update, a one-way journey between the airport and Cagliari city center is about € 15 - 20 (daytime hours).
Elmas Aeroporto railway station is located within a 5-minute walk from the airport terminals. Rail service, operated by Trenitalia, is available from 5:00AM - 9:00PM, with departures about every 20 minutes. A train to downtown Cagliari takes about 5 - 7 minutes and costs € 1.25 for a single ride. Trains to all major cities in Sardinia are also available from the airport railway station. Trenitalia tickets are sold online, Trenitalia ticket counters and authorized affiliates and in ticket vending machines located in the Arrivals Hall and in train stations. For routes, schedules and fare information, visit the Trenitalia website.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.