Chelyabinsk Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Chelyabinsk Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
After getting acquanted with an old Kazak couple, they said that they would watch over my bags while I was sleeping. It worked out well. - Joel
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Chelyabinsk Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, single-terminal airport with a small variety of shopping and dining options. 24-hour dining is available.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel at the airport and other nearby hotels. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Chelyabinsk Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Domestic Business Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (4000 rubles)
- International Business Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door
- VIP Hall - Location: Russia sector, Airside.
Free WiFi is available at Chelyabinsk Airport.
If sleeping in Chelyabinsk Airport does not appeal to you, the only hotel in or near the airport is Aerotel Chelyabinsk. Additional hotels can be found in the outskirts and city center of Chelyabinsk (about 20 to 30 minutes from the airport).
- Aerotel Chelyabinsk - Located at the airport, rooms have flat screen TV and free WIFi. There is an on-site restaurant at this hotel. Airport shuttle is available for a fee.
- Sphera - (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Utes Hotel - (20 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Chelyabinsk Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs of several banks are located in the following areas: Russian sector Arrivals Hall • Russian sector Departures Hall (landside and airside) • International sector main hall
- Banking - Sberbank of Russia offers full-service banking and currency exchange. Location: International sector, landside, main hall. Hours: 11:00AM - 6:00PM (Tues-Sat), with lunch break from 2:00PM - 2:45PM.
- Currency Exchange - Available at Sberbank of Russia. See Banking for details.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available airside on the 2nd floor of the International sector, and on the 1st floor of the Russian sector. A minimarket and a couple of gift shops are also available.
- Food & Drinks - There are two bars, a restaurant, a coffee shop and a juice bar available. The Fly-Bar Restaurant is open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage - Luggage can be stored for 200 RUB per day, per piece. Luggage must be inspected before storage is allowed. Location: Russian sector, landside, in the basement. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available in the Health Center. Location: Russian sector, landside, ground floor, to the left of the terminal entrance. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours according to an email I received from a reader on 28 September 2015.
Bus and Minibus
Express Bus Yunost: to/from Yunost sports complex and Revolution Square
Express Bus 55: to/from Northern Bus Terminal (Avtovokzal Severny), near the Yunost sports complex
Express Bus 65: to/from bus park
Bus 1: Airport - Railway station/TC Sinegorye shopping centre
Minibus 2: Airport - City center
Minibus 41: Airport - City center
Minibus 45: Airport - City center (Autocentre)
Minibus 82: Airport - Railway station/TC Sinegorye shopping centre. Runs every 10 minutes, from 6:10AM - 9:40PM
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.