Chisinau Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Chisinau Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The airport has been refurbished extensively, but they forgot to refurbish the staff.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Chișinău International Airport.
What to Expect
- Reviewers describe an antiquated airport with strong Soviet influences from the past. Reviews are mixed on the airport staff, with some reporting friendly, although non-English speaking staff, and others detailing shakedowns from Customs officers.
- A small variety of amenities are available here, including 24 hour dining!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Chișinău Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
From the Chisinau Airport Web Site:
"Messages concerning the potential abuse of official capacity, corruption acts and other offences witnessed by you while passing through customs or border control can be left on the HOTLINE NUMBER: (+373-22 ) 525-939, after the beep and by e-mail: email@example.com"
- Business Lounge - Location: Airside. Hours: open 24 Hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€35)
Free WiFi is available at Chisinau Airport for up to 5 hours within a 3 day span.
If sleeping in Chisinau Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Prezident Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers available upon request. The rate is approx. 10,00€ each way
- Vila Iris - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle, hotel suggests a taxi for approximately 5,00€.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Chisinau Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes: located on the first floor.
- Baby Care - A Mother and Child Room is available free of charge. Location: 2 available, landside and airside.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - The play area is a great place for children ages 3 - 10 to have some fun before their flight. Two assistants provide supervision and organize interactive activities while parents shop at Duty Free stores or relax in quiet places. Location: International Departures. 2nd Floor, Airside.
- Currency Exchange - 2 banks located on the 1st Floor provide exchange services. Hours: 8:00AM - 5:00PM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Hours: open 24 hours.
- Food - There are 24 hour food concessions available on the 1st and 2nd floor.
- Medical Care - A medical aid unit is located on the first floor in the right wing of the terminal. Hours: 24 hours.
- Showers - Not Available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Bus and Minibus
The “A” Express Bus links the airport to Dimitrie Cantemir Square in the city center, offering departures every 40 minutes from 7:00AM - 7:00PM. Bus fare is 3 MDL.
Minibus 165 also runs to and from the city center, with the final stop on Ismail Street. Departures are available every 10 minutes from 5:30AM - 9:55PM (from the airport) or 6:00AM - 10:00PM (from Chisinau). Fare is 3 MDL. Minibuses are white, with a number placard placed in the windshield.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis • Enterprise • Europcar • Prim-auto • Sixt.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. Aeroport Taxi company has an office in the Arrivals Hall of the airport, open 24 hours a day. The following estimated one-way fares were current at the time of this update: to/from Botanica 80 MDL; Centru 100 MDL; Ciocana 110 MDL; Riscani 110 MDL; Buiucani 120 MDL; Durlesti 120 MDL; Schinoasa 110 MDL and Petricani 120 MDL.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.