Doncaster Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Doncaster Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The terminal was a bit chilly but with reasonably warm clothes it was OK.
- a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield.
What to Expect
- A clean and modern international airport with a small selection of shops and restaurants
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Doncaster Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Premium Lounge - Location: Airside, Level 3. Hours: 4:30AM - 8:00PM (Mon - Sat) • 5:00AM - 8:00PM (Sun). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (£23.95) • Book Online (£21.95 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Doncaster Airport for 30 minutes. Connect to the '_AirportWiFi' network. When your 30 minutes is up, you can extend your surfing time for £3 (one hour) to £9 (24 hours)
Pay-as-You-Go Internet kiosks can found landside and airside. Rate: unknown
If sleeping in Doncaster Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ramada Encore - (2 minute walk/400 yards from the terminal) This is the closest hotel to the airport. No airport shuttle. Day rooms are available.
- Best Western Mount Pleasant - (2 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- The Station Hotel - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- The Crown Hotel Bawtry - (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel suggests a taxi for approx. £12-£15 each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Doncaster Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are two machines available. Location: One Landside (beside the WH Smith store) and one Airside (beside the Travelex Currency kiosk).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - Location: Airside, Departures Lounge
- Currency Exchange - Travelex offers currency exchange in the airport. Euros and USD can be ordered up to 4 hours before pick-up. All other currencies are available if ordered by 2:00PM the day before. Location: Landside. Hours: 5:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available airside at World Duty Free. In addition, WHSmith sells books, magazines, snacks, and travel goods landside and airside. A limited variety of groceries can be purchased from the WHSmith in Arrivals.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining. Dining options are: Subway • The Finningley Windmill • The Running Horse
- Information Desk - There is an Information Point at the main entrance, it is not known if this a manned desk.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available
- Showers - Not available
- Smoking - There is one designated smoking area, Airside, beside the Duty Free Shop.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Two bus routes serve the airport: First Group UK’s 91/X91 and Stagecoach Yorkshire’s X19. First Group UK route 91/X91 links the airport with Doncaster Town Centre/ Interchange and Finningley, with stops in between. Buses depart 4 minutes after the hour and half-hour. For timetables and fares, visit the First Group UK website. Stagecoach Yorkshire’s X19 bus offers hourly service between the airport, Doncaster Town Centre/ Interchange and Barnsley Town Centre/ Interchange, with stops along the way. For timetables, fares and ticket sales, visit the Stagecoach website.
Avis, Europcar and Hertz offer car rental services onsite in the Arrivals Hall.
Taxis are available on a 24-hour basis at a designated area outside of Arrivals. Little Arrows taxi company offers fixed pricing and a customer service desk in the main terminal for the purpose of providing around the clock assistance.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.